- Job Title Payroll Administrator
- Hiring Organization DreamBox Learning
- Company Website https://www.dreambox.com/
- Remote Locations United States
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the accurate and timely processing, calculation, recording, filing and reporting of multi-state and Canadian payrolls to include payroll taxes for salaried and hourly employees in accordance with company policies and procedures, employment laws and regulations, and tax regulations (federal, state, local). administration of all aspects of payroll at DreamBox Learning. This position works with highly sensitive information and requires great attention to detail, the highest level of accuracy, and the ability to meet deadlines. Ensures monthly, quarterly, and yearly payroll-related reporting requirements to the state and government agencies are executed accurately and timely.
DreamBox Learning, the leading K-12 education technology provider, is radically transforming the way the world learns. As the only dual-discipline solution rated STRONG by Johns Hopkins’ EvidenceforESSA.org in both math and reading, DreamBox provides schools with high-quality adaptive learning solutions independently proven to accelerate student growth. Built by educators for educators, DreamBox empowers teachers and district administrators with robust data analytics and content-specific professional development solutions to complement instruction. DreamBox supports over 400,000 educators and approximately 6 million students in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and throughout the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and Mexico.
At DreamBox, we believe diversity is an essential strength. That’s why we’re committed to providing an inclusive culture, an equitable work environment, and creating the most effective educational products that celebrate the diversity in students, families, communities, and the world. We know that talent exists everywhere, but opportunity does not. Therefore, we are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, but we don’t make these commitments simply because they’re required by law. We hold ourselves to a higher standard and make these commitments so that everyone at DreamBox can bring their full selves to our important mission. Our identities matter, and in order to create a more just, equitable world, we know it begins with DreamBox being an inclusive workplace that serves as a model for that change.
- Calculate & process semi-monthly, biweekly and Canadian payrolls.
- Responsible for processing pay changes, employee deductions, tax record keeping, benefits funding, etc.
- Create and maintain a payroll disaster recovery plan.
- Handle reconciliation of employee deductions and other relevant liabilities.
- Responsible for responding to questions and requests related to payroll.
- Monitoring state and federal laws – OT calculations for each state, sick leave requirements, information required on paystubs, final paycheck timelines, pay frequency requirements, minimum wage and minimum salary for exempt employees.
- Ensure employee confidence by protecting payroll operations and confidential information.
- Calculate employer social security, unemployment, and worker compensation payments and employee federal and state income and social security taxes to determine payroll liabilities.
- Prepare and run payroll change reports that show all changes from the previous payment for aiding the approval process for the payroll run.
- Payroll record maintenance by tracking changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Reconcile benefit invoices to employee deductions and G/L.
- Calculate the correct amount of hours incorporating overtime, deductions, and commissions payment using payroll software Paycor.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll accounting software, systems, and procedures.
- Calculate and process any needed new hires, adjustments, terminations, and other changes accurately each pay period.
- Ensure all timecards and time off issues are resolved, and pending time-off requests are processed prior to running payroll so that an accurate payroll is assured.
- Provide support for all audit needs (e.g., payroll and 401K Plan); Assist with quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Support accounting department and HR as needed.
- Associates Degree in an Accounting or related program, or technical college certification or relevant work experience
- 3 + years’ full cycle payroll processing experience in a multi-state in-house payroll role required
- Experience with Paycor highly preferred
- Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail
- Intermediate level of computer skills including use of database, word processing, spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Knowledge of payroll principles and practices to be an effective resource for others and how payroll impacts other areas of the company (e.g., accounting & HR)
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations; familiarity with Canadian payroll preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects and tasks and add value to a team environment, pitching in as needed to “get the job done.”
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions
- Reliability with working hours and duties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to go with strong interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation, including ability to communicate effectively, timely and work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Some HR/Benefits administration experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with various modern, online payroll systems, ideally Paycor
- Legally authorized to work in the US
Expected base salary range for this position is $69,630 – $96,680 USD annually based on several factors, including experience and geography. This position is also eligible for an annual incentive bonus or sales commission bonus, depending on the role, and benefits that are designed to support you & your family. If you are hired at DreamBox Learning, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on considerations such as geographic location, skills, responsibilities of the role, education, and/or relevant experience. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider the compensation of our current team members as a part of evaluating and extending any final offer.
We are proud to offer employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health Care Dependent Care
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Front Loaded (4 weeks)
- Accrued Sick Time
- DreamBox “Hero Days” Volunteer Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- 9 Paid Holidays + Annual Winter Holiday Break (Typically the last week of December)
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $69,630 – $96,680 USD annually
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Associate Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page