- Job Title People Operations Partner
- Hiring Organization Planet Labs
- Company Website https://www.planet.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet’s data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Planet is looking for a resourceful and collaborative HR Generalist to join our EMEA People team, supporting our growing entity in the Netherlands (currently about 50 people, working both from our Haarlem office and remote). As our first local HR person, you will play a key role and have a lasting impact at Planet, building the local HR operations processes and ensuring the team is set-up for long-term success.
If you love working with passionate people from lots of different backgrounds and to question the status quo, we’d love to hear from you! It’s truly an exciting time to join and leave your mark.
Impact You’ll Own:
Planet acquired its Dutch entity (Vandersat B.V.) at the end of last year and we’ve been building solid relationships and laying the groundwork for a cohesive employee experience, but there’s still so much to do! The integration is a work in progress, and our EMEA People team needs a strong partner in the Netherlands with local HR expertise to work with the team and support getting us to the next level. This position will be based onsite for three days a week.
Ideally this is a full-time role, but we are open to part-time (80% minimum)
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet’s front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
- You work closely with our EMEA People Business Partners and People Operations Partner based in Berlin, and with the local business operation team
- You are our People Team representative in the Netherlands and a local Planet culture ambassador. You assist with all kinds of HR related questions, build trust with the teams and keep an ear to the ground
- You prepare monthly Dutch payroll by providing relevant data and ensuring accurate and timely delivery. You coordinate with our external payroll consultant along with social security, ARBO, UWV and pension provider
- You assist in revisiting/defining local benefits (commuting, pension scheme, parental leave, etc), and in ensuring we provide a consistent benefits experience globally
- You keep our internal documentation (Wiki, G-Drive ) about our Netherlands HR processes up to date
- You work closely with our EMEA On-boarding Coordinator and support the on-boarding of local new hires
- You support the visa & immigration process for employees and new hires
- You stay informed about changes in local regulations to ensure we are compliant at all times. And more generally, you support local employee administration and keep the local HR Operations running
- Once the basics are covered, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to grow and take on additional projects (local & global) as we are growing
- You have at least 4-6 years of HR Operations/Generalist experience in the Netherlands, ideally in growing tech companies
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- You have an advanced knowledge of Dutch employment and social laws, and already worked with Work Councils
- You’re curious, resourceful, and eager to learn and dig deep into issues at hand
- You connect easily and love getting to know people, understanding their challenges and trying to remove blockers
- You have a collaborative work style and you are comfortable working with multiple different stakeholders at the same time
What Makes You Stand Out:
- You already worked in a global environment
- You went through the process of setting up a Dutch Work Council
- You were involved in a merger & acquisition process
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community – one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours full time or part time
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page