- Job Title Performance Engineer
- Hiring Organization ConsenSys
- Company Website https://consensys.net/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with Consensys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. Consensys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Infura is the leading infrastructure platform providing scalable and easy-to-use APIs and cloud solutions for blockchain and decentralized application developers. Infura currently offers APIs for Ethereum, IPFS, and other leading decentralized networks, allowing developers to immediately begin building instead of spending time on architecting and maintaining their own infrastructure.
Infura provides developers instant access to decentralized and blockchain networks without the need to sync or understand complicated peer to peer infrastructure. Similar to how one might access a cloud service to alleviate the friction of owning proprietary compute and storage, Infura lowers the barrier to entry for engineers to begin building.
We believe in a more equitable and decentralized future, and we know developers will be at the forefront of that progress. We want to empower developers to spend their time building, creating, and evolving by providing them with the best and easiest solution to their infrastructure needs.
Some things to know about the Infura team: we are a remote first company, with team members all over the world. We strive to reduce meetings, respect work life balance, promote diversity, and generally be good people. We depend on each other not only to make an amazing product but to be a group that wants to succeed together.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $77,000 – $128,000
Consensys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consensys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://Consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
As a Performance Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our blockchain infrastructure platform. Your expertise will be instrumental in maintaining our reputation for delivering reliable and highly performant blockchain services. The ideal candidate for this role has strong experience in load testing, distributed environments, and optimizing HTTP requests.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Experience: Proven experience in performance engineering, capacity planning, and performance optimization in a large-scale production environment. (Min 3 years of experience)
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in monitoring tools, scripting languages, and performance testing tools
- Experience with performance testing tools (e.g., JMeter, k6, or similar) ( Min 3 years)
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (e.g., Prometheus, Grafana)
- A strong background in system performance tuning and optimization techniques. Familiarity with Performance methods like USE or RED is valuable
- Experience with Application Performance Management (APM) tools such as Datadog or Dynatrace
- Familiarity with container platforms like Kubernetes
- A strong grasp of statistical concepts and metrics granularity
- Analytical Mindset: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify performance bottlenecks and devise solutions
- Collaboration: Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams and share insights
- General familiarity/knowledge of Ethereum
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $77,000 – $128,000
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page