- Job Title Principal Product Manager
- Hiring Organization Gusto, Inc
- Company Website https://gusto.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We’re looking for a Principal Product Manager to set and drive the product strategy around helping accounting firms scale on Gusto Pro, our product specifically built for Accountants. Accountants play a critical role within the Gusto ecosystem. They are one of our largest user groups, but also act as a one-to-many growth engine by referring their small business clients to use Gusto as their payroll provider, generating a substantial portion of our total revenue.
We have ambitious plans to become the most efficient and scalable platform for accountants to deliver payroll & HR services to their clients, and help millions of small businesses as a result. This role will lead an all-new mission of helping firms unlock scale on the Gusto platform: From getting set up to scale with an intuitive and efficient onboarding experience for their firm & clients…to finding new opportunities to grow their firm via client & service expansion. If you enjoy uncovering & solving big problems for small businesses, driving lean experimentation, building 0 to 1 product experiences, and identifying new ways to propel the growth of a referral-driven business model, we’d love to hear from you.
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $158,000/yr to $222,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $192,000/yr to $261,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
- Lead product discovery to uncover/deeply understand customer problems and test risky assumptions
- Create a long-term vision and strategy that defines the big problems we can solve well with durable competitive advantage
- Run lean experiments and A/B tests to quickly prove out hypotheses and test new concepts, always looking for ways to get stronger signal on new ideas
- Partner closely with Engineering, Design, and Data Science on all stages of the product development process
- Collaborate closely with Revenue teams to co-create hypotheses and support a sales-driven growth engine
- Rapidly execute and iterate with an emphasis on user delight, impact, and learning. Regularly take risks and make calculated tradeoffs
- Define, measure, and improve key product and business metrics
- 5-7 years of hands-on Product Management experience
- Proven track record of leading growth teams/initiatives and building 0 to 1 products
- Strong ability to define, run and measure clean A/B tests
- The intangibles: Natural curiosity, grit, customer obsession, and attention to detail
- Strong product discovery and analytics skills
- The ability to tell a compelling story that drives alignment and inspires action
- Strong collaboration skills; ability to quickly build trust with Revenue and Product teams
- A passion for helping small and medium size businesses
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $158,000/yr to $222,000/yr
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page