- Job Title Product Designer, Design Systems Editor
- Hiring Organization Figma
- Company Website https://www.figma.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone come make with us!
We’re looking for a product designer to help lead design for Design Systems Editor, which is one of the highest impact teams at Figma. In this role, you’ll create the tools that help companies build and maintain their own design systems. If you’ve ever used a component, a style, or a variable in Figma, this is the team that makes all of those things work!
We re aiming to build the best possible experience for both experienced design system managers, and designers who use the design systems enabled by Figma. This is a great opportunity to help millions of people create amazing things enhancing their efficiency, and developing totally new pathways for creativity.
At the same time, the design systems space is complex, and continues to have increasing technical needs. With an eye for simplicity and craft, you can help distill this complexity, and make Figma more approachable, powerful, and magical for everyone.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
Read more about our team
- Design team process (+ recording)
- Design team trading cards
- Hiring approach slides (+ recording)
- Design team critiques (+ recording)
- Podcast playlist featuring Figma team members
- Investing in Figma: The decade of design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma’s next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software design startup Figma is now worth $10 billion
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Annual Base Salary Range (SF/NY Hub):
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process idea to design to build and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Help deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, design, and research peers
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Design and ship high-quality product improvements
Some projects you could work on:
- Enhancing how components, variants, and instances work
- Extending Variables to support more use cases (such as adding a new kind of variable for typography)
- Making Styles more powerful and flexible
- Helping to integrate design systems features into developer workflows
- Imagining how AI tech might reduce tedious or repetitive design systems tasks
- Exploring all-new ways to make design systems more flexible and easier to work with
- 3+ years of experience working as a product designer
- Knowledge of design systems fundamentals, and how to build or maintain them
- A knack for figuring out ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
- An eye for high-quality, well-crafted visual and interaction design, and care about the details
- Prototyping skills to help articulate your designs, especially in cases where interactions may be particularly nuanced
- The ability to work independently to explore concepts from beginning to end, while seeking healthy feedback loops with your ideas
- A generative spirit, and excitement about coming up with novel, simple solutions
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $131,000—$308,000 USD
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page