- Job Title Quality Analyst, Quality Assurance Engineer
- Hiring Organization Verra
- Company Website https://verra.org/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Verra is a global leader helping to tackle the world’s most intractable environmental and social challenges. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, Verra is committed to helping reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve livelihoods, and protect natural resources across the private and public sectors. We support climate action and sustainable development with standards, tools, and programs that credibly, transparently, and robustly assess environmental and social impacts and enable funding for sustaining and scaling up projects that verifiably deliver these benefits. We work in any arena where we need clear standards, a role for market-based mechanisms, and an opportunity to generate significant environmental and social value.
Verra manages a portfolio of standards, including the:
- Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) — the world’s leading carbon crediting program, with more than 1600 registered projects in 80 countries, and accounting for two-thirds of all voluntary carbon market transaction volume.
- Sustainable Development Verified Impact Standard (SD VISta) — a flexible framework for assessing and reporting on the sustainable development benefits of project-based activities.
- Climate, Community & Biodiversity (CCB) Standards — to identify projects that simultaneously address climate change, support local communities and smallholders, and conserve biodiversity.
- Plastic Waste Reduction Program — to enable robust impact assessment of new or scaled-up waste recovery and recycling projects around the globe.
Verra’s innovation team is expanding the technological solutions offering through a range of technology-transformation initiatives such as digitalized project development platform, digitalized methodologies, and integration with the registry within the overall framework of Digital Monitoring, Reporting, and Verification (DMRV). Verra is looking for a skilled Software Quality Assurance Engineer or Analyst for our digitalization work.
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by…
- Leading the testing if digitalization of projects, methodologies, and other templates to support the scaling of carbon projects;
- Learn various digitalization initiatives at Verra related to our business process;
- Develop and implement test plans to ensure successful delivery of the project;
- By asking why we do something, not just execute;
- Gaining exposure to challenges and opportunities faced by collaborators of projects and methodologies aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions and improving livelihoods;
- Educating stakeholders and staff about Verra’s registry software, documents, tools and methodologieson a periodic basis through organization’s internal communication channels on a periodic basis;
You will know you are successful, if…
- You are seen as a reliable and capable member of the team by your peers and manager.
- You build an appreciation and respect for the challenges and opportunities faced by users of the Verra programs and can effectively ensure the quality of activities certified under the Verra programs.
- Verra collaborators consistently express positive feedback regarding your ability to collaborate to find workable solutions to challenges they face.
You will join a team…
- From diverse locations and backgrounds, including carbon market experts, project developers, consultants, climate negotiators, researchers, auditors, and more.
- Committed to driving finance at scale to projects and programs that advance climate action and sustainable development through high-quality standards and programs.
- That embodies the values Verra has established for itself, and which include Teamwork, Results, Integrity, Balance, and Exploration.
Compensation at Verra
To help us attract and retain top talent, Verra pays employees competitively to the market. In return, we expect each employee to, at a minimum:
- Meet expectations in terms of work effort and performance;
- Take the initiative to build the skills and knowledge needed to do their job effectively; and
- Embody Verra’s values.
For this position, the salary range is $65,762 – $88,030 USD depending on experience. We will recognize employees who go beyond expected performance with salary increases and/or promotions, but the bar for earning those rewards is high.
Verra provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We conduct our recruitment and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
- Work with user experience designers, software developers, and program team to guide the testing of web applications.
- Review and analyze Business Requirements and create test plans, test cases, test scripts, and test results;
- Review specifications and other project documents to ensure quality of the products and tests to be developed;
- Undertake minor bug fixes in various platforms as and when necessary;
- Work with developers, business analysts, and managers to identify issues with software, execute tests and report the results to ensure quality of the software. Tests may be manual, automated or both;
- Contribute to documenting quality and testable requirements, provide feedback and gather clarifications in order to effectively prepare test strategy and ensure testability.
- Three plus years of relevant work experience in Software Development, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance of web applications;
- Proficient in UI/UX testing and OOPS concepts and experience in Automation framework such as Selenium, CodedUI;
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably Master’s degree, ideally in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics);
- Sound knowledge on Unit Tests, integration test, load tests and automation of the testing with proficiency in smoke testing, end-to-end testing, user acceptance testing, functional as well as non-functional testing, UI Validation;
- Knowledge and understanding of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Strong customer service and communication skills, emphasizing interacting with stakeholders in a highly responsive and professional manner, even under high-pressure situations;
- Skills with the ability to prioritize and to work quickly and accurately, delivering to multiple deadlines;
- Culturally aware with the ability to work with stakeholders and partners from different countries and cultures;
- Willingness to work in odd hours to match the meeting times due to different time zones across the globe where stakeholders are located;
Salary is one component of Verra’s total compensation package which also includes:
- Health, vision and dental care, and life insurance;
- Verra contributions to each employee’s retirement plan;
- Verra contributions as required by national labor laws in countries where staff are located;
- Paid Time Off (PTO), comprising 22-30 days plus ten floating holidays, sabbatical after five years of service, and other leave allowances; and
- Funds to support professional development.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $65,762 – $88,030 USD
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based)
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page