- Job Title Quality Engineering Manager
- Hiring Organization GitLab
- Company Website https://about.gitlab.com/
- Remote Locations EMEA
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
This is a 100% remote role, we’re ideally looking for someone based in the EMEA timezone.
An overview of this role
Engineering Managers in the Quality department are motivated and experienced leaders who grow our test automation efforts across the entire GitLab ecosystem. You demonstrate a passion for high quality software, strong Engineering principles and methodical problem solving skills. There’s a lot happening in the Quality team at the moment, in particular as we start to broaden out the remit and include some infrastructure-focused work!
The team is responsible for all testing needs within our CI, CD and Sec sections of the product sections. The CI, CD sections are responsible for (as name suggests) all the pipeline efficiency efforts. Along with the dev section, this area is very vast, containing multiple repos outside of the GitLab monorepo.
- Lead a team of experienced SET’s
- Identify process improvements and work with your peers and leaders to enact change
- Participate in deeply technical conversations with Engineers on topics like architecture and maintenance
- Work on and execute a plan with your fellow EM’s to build more infrastructure skills within the Quality team
- Work asynchronously with our globally distributed team
- Strong experience directly managing teams of 5+ people
- Strong technical understanding of the SET craft, with the ability to have deep technical discussions with your team
- Experience leading an SET team who were also responsible for test infrastructure, ideally with tooling like Terraform and Kubernetes
- Demonstrated experience working with a Quality department that’s involved in building software from the start, not just testing at the end
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally have experience leading a globally distributed team
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location EMEA
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page