- Job Title Research Intern
- Hiring Organization Pantera Capital
- Company Website https://panteracapital.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
About Pantera Capital
As the first U.S. Bitcoin investment firm, Pantera Capital is the leading blockchain investment firm and one of the largest institutional owners of cryptocurrencies. Our mission is to act as the catalyst for widespread blockchain adoption and innovation. Pantera currently manages $4bn in capital in seven funds in three product groups – passive, hedge, and venture.
Pantera is seeking a Venture / Platform research Intern to help conduct journal-quality research and analysis supporting our 100+ portfolio companies across the blockchain industry. The ideal candidate will be able to pick up new skills quickly, operate under ambiguity and with unstructured data, and work cross-functionally to drive outcomes for the team.
Depending on experience, qualification, and interest, there may be opportunities to work on other projects at the firm, in addition to the responsibilities described below.
The salary range for this position is 35 to $60 per hour.
Dates of Internship
The program will run between May 27 and Sep 4, with a minimum commitment of 6 weeks. We will determine each person’s individual start and end date depending on schedules. Please let us know your specific availabilities, so we can adjust the schedule to accommodate.
- Develop resources for portfolio companies to aid in incentive design, data analysis, fundraising, business development, and operations.
- Build out content focused on portfolio companies, including social and long-form content, including publication-level economic and social science research.
- Opportunities to interface with portfolio company teams and learn about the operating side of venture capital
While some projects will be scoped out in advance, the Intern will have an opportunity to develop her/his own projects and collaborate with the team on new ideas.
- Reviewing, as well as conducting, research in economics and quantitative social science targeted toward helping portfolio companies design, create, and manage their projects.
- Researching products / tools / services to expand our curated resource database for portfolio companies
- Analyzing and characterizing strategic interactions among stakeholders and participants relevant to a portfolio company
- Scraping, cleaning, and analyzing data as part of hypothesis-driven research to inform decision-making
- Strong academic background at a highly ranked undergraduate or MBA program
- Exceptional analytical thinking and communications skills
- Genuine curiosity about blockchain/cryptocurrency technologies
- Must be a self-starter who is curiosity driven and capable of conducting research semi-independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills
- Bonus: Interest in/aptitude for conducting publishable research in applied social science
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer 35 - $60 per hour
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based)
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page