- Job Title Research Internship
- Hiring Organization Chainlink Labs
- Company Website https://chain.link/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Chainlink Labs is seeking Research Interns to support its mission of building the world’s most secure and flexible decentralized oracle technologies. Research Engineers will work directly with top domain experts in applied cryptography, mechanism design (cryptoeconomics), distributed systems, and other disciplines to identify and solve key research challenges and build production solutions that keep Chainlink at the forefront of oracle system deployment and fuel the success of the smart contract ecosystem.
- We use Go, Typescript, Solidity, Python, LATEX, git, and Linux/Unix.
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world’s largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more.
*Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer*
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Working with Chainlink core engineering to identify short- and long-term research challenges critical to the company’s success and to transition innovations from Chainlink Labs into production.
- Working with research scientists and technical advisors to study, invent, and build cutting-edge oracle technologies for the benefit of the company and community.
- Staying abreast of the evolution of relevant technology ecosystems and participating in relevant technical communities for more effective application development and to guide research toward practical and impactful work.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent professional experience along with coursework in algorithms and data structures and discrete math.
- Familiarity with academic process and ability to engage with existing literature on relevant research topics, e.g. by performing literature searches and comprehending papers in a wider context.
- Professional software development experience is required.
- Advanced computer science or related degree, coursework in applied and theoretical cryptography, mechanism design, distributed systems, or related fields.
- Familiarity with Go or Rust.
- Broad knowledge of blockchain technologies and familiarity specifically with smart contracts.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours some working hours overlap with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page