Company Website: https://zipdev.com/
Remote Locations: Latin America
Job Type: Full Time
Zipdev is seeking a talented Ruby on Rails Developer for a full-time remote job for company doing an award-winning software platform for investing in real estate debt, acting as a two-sided marketplace that serves both investors and private lenders. Much like Amazon and Airbnb have aligned buyers and sellers through their marketplace, this company does the same, connecting investors with unprecedented access to quality real estate investments and lenders with global, diversified capital sources.
A Senior Engineer you will be expected to contribute to the product with quality code, design, and technical input. The engineer is the technical branch of a 5 pronged team owning technical excellence while producing expedient business impact. You are expected to be a very knowledgeable engineer in the area of web services, database/data model design, and front-end development. You’ll work hand in hand with your team’s tech leads to produce our software. We expect you to focus on delivery with the aim of producing impactful projects. Senior engineers are expected to be able to solo-lead projects and help PM & Design team counterparts in ideation, at times owning their functions if they need help. Ownership across multiple projects and mentorship to other team members earns your path towards being one of our Lead Engineers.
- BA/BS, MS, or Ph.D in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of SW engineering experience (ideal)
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Demonstrable breadth of knowledge of software development technologies.
- Strong foundation of object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Comfortable building and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance.
- Strong grasp of front-end technologies and frameworks.
- Skilled at clearly articulating design ideas while being receptive to constructive criticism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Understands the balance between business and maintainability making the right call most of the time.
- Able to compare various languages and frameworks objectively and select the right tool for the job.
- Work Remote Monday – Friday, 40 hours a week (no weekends)
- Vacation: 10 business days a year
- Holidays: 5 National Holidays a year
- Company Holidays: 5 Company Holidays a year (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Zipdev Day)
- Major Medical Insurance
- Active Lifestyle/Gym Reimbursement
- Performance-based Bonus
- Continuous Education Bonus
- Did we mention its REMOTE
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Remote Job Location Mexico
- Salary Offer to be discussed (full time based)
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours Monday – Friday, 40 hours a week (no weekends)
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page