- Job Title Senior Animation Programmer
- Hiring Organization Crytek
- Company Website https://www.crytek.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and collaborative Senior Animation Programmer to become a member of the CRYENGINE team in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary environment.
You would maintain and improve our Animation code with its pipelines and editors to support it.
For almost 20 years, Crytek has been at the cutting-edge of computer graphics performance. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive engine solution with high performance and a modular design that is easily accessible by users.
The award-winning CRYENGINE empowers developers and creatives at our own studios and licensees worldwide – from small indies to AAA powerhouses – to deliver unique experiences, create new worlds, and ultimately make awesome games.
Join us to help pushing the limits of game engine technology!
For a careful evaluation of your application, we kindly request you to send us your resume, a cover letter and additional work samples that might be relevant.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Guide and oversee the development and enhancement of the animation framework and tools, leveraging the capabilities of CRYENGINE in the creation of a new game experience.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, animators, and technical animators to design and implement advanced animation features and tools.
- Conduct analysis, debugging and optimization of memory and performance in systems ranging from high-end to mobile platforms.
- Contribute to the overall design and implementation of the project, providing valuable insights and expertise in animation technology.
- Drive the innovation and improvement of animation systems, ensuring the game delivers cutting-edge and immersive animations.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements and techniques in computer animation and incorporate them into the project.
- Mentor and guide junior animation programmers, sharing your knowledge and expertise to enhance the team’s capabilities.
- 5+ years of programming experience in animation system development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Advanced programming skills in C++.
- Good 3D math skills.
- Experience with standard animation technology (animation graphs, animation state machines, rigging systems, low-level animation systems, physics-based animation, IK systems, procedural animations, simulation, etc.).
- Strong foundation in software engineering principles, capable of writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Proven experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment, demonstrating excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with non-engineering team members and explain trade-offs.
- Familiarity with existing game engines and editor concepts.
- Fearless attitude and willingness to make significant improvements and changes to an existing engine, pushing boundaries and creating paradigm-shifting advancements.
- Track record of developing in large codebases at a fast pace, demonstrating the ability to balance usability, performance, and power.
- Previous experience working as an animation programmer within a game engine development environment.
- Experience with multi-threading, motion matching, machine learning, and next-gen animation tech.
- Proficiency in developing game asset pipelines and tools.
- Expertise in procedural animations and simulation.
- Familiarity with content generation tools such as Maya, 3dsMax, etc.
- Knowledge of console programming.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page