- Job Title Senior Cryptography Engineer
- Hiring Organization Kraken
- Company Website https://www.kraken.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Join our new Incubation team and have the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing transformation of the digital assets industry at Kraken. Our team plays a crucial role in identifying problems in the industry and delivering novel solutions.
As a member of the Incubation team, you will have the chance to collaborate with highly skilled Rust Engineers, cryptographers, and on-chain experts from around the world. We are enthusiastic about open source, Layer 2 technologies, zero-knowledge proofs, multi-party computation, and continuously strive to explore the potential of on chain scaling solutions. Our collaborative work environment allows us to stay ahead in the ever-changing crypto landscape. The team has recently embarked on exploring how more protocols and decentralized applications can be integrated into Kraken. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute towards shaping the future of on-chain at Kraken. This is a fully remote role.
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
- Design and implementation of cryptographic protocols
- Design and implementation of layer 2 solutions
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of smart contracts
- Freedom to pursue independent research
- Attend conferences and find opportunities in the on-chain ecosystem
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience working with modern cryptography (ZKP, MPC, FHE)
- Deep understanding of applied cryptography
- Experience in technical writing and documentation
- Experience interacting with Bitcoin and Ethereum
- Experience with assembly and other low level programming
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
- Leadership in defining technical requirements and drive projects through to completion
- Assume technical responsibility of complex systems, identify opportunities for innovative research and development
- Act as technical leader, mentor others in the company to bring their ideas to proof of concepts and beyond
- Have experience with system languages (C, C++, Go) and/or strongly typed programming (OCaml, Haskell, Rust)
- Be passionate about secure, reliable and fast software
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page