- Job Title Senior Data Scientist
- Hiring Organization Degreed
- Company Website https://degreed.com/
- Remote Locations US, Brazil, or India
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and
match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
The Data Science team at Degreed works with large structured and unstructured datasets to understand how people develop the skills that they need to advance their careers. To do this, we use a diverse set of
tools and approaches, including feature engineering, clustering, classification and recommendation models, word embeddings, and neural networks. Degreed is looking for a capable, qualified and versatile. Data Scientist to help with the development and delivery of high-quality, data-driven, machine learning and predictive modeling solutions.
Position can be located in US, Brazil, or India.
applicants must have and provide Degreed with proof of authorization to work in US, Brazil or India.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will
provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job.
Lead multiple end-to-end ML projects
- Discover and translate business challenges to data problems, data-pipelines and model framework
- Mine structured and unstructured data (company internal data and public data)
- Engineer features, build models, and evaluate model performance
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to deploy models to support production
- Deliver fast while continually adjusting models according to real-time feedback
- Communicate about data science with a diverse set of stakeholders and development partners
- This is not a data analyst role
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict other tasks as assigned and is subject to change at any time.
- 4+ year hands-on experience in one of the following areas: applied machine learning, machine learning infrastructure, large-scale recommendation systems, market-facing machine learning production software. Including 2+ years focusing on developing knowledge graphs, or NLP models or content recommendation systems
- Strong coding skills in Python, or R
- Advanced skills in database querying (SQL, noSQL) and search techniques
- Experience building prototypes and experiments to validate technical ideas
- Familiarity in developing cloud-based solutions using micro-services architecture, docker containers and Kubernetes
- Ability to work in different coding environments (local, notebooks, containers) and familiar with software engineering workflows (testing, code management/Git)
- Ability to blend together diverse data sources to create training data for specific problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. We’re a distributed team and rely on good communication to perform at a high level
- Experience working remotely – It takes a self-motivated individual to thrive on a distributed team
- You are a lifelong learner and passionate about learning new things and taking on new challenges
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything)!
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Forma
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location US Brazil, India
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Master's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page