- Job Title Senior Devops Engineer
- Hiring Organization Deimos
- Company Website https://deimos.io/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Deimos is a Cloud-native Developer and Security Operations technology services company. We help companies of all sizes adopt the Cloud for improved service delivery to their clients. We’re a fully remote African-based team passionate about implementing engineering best practices. We leverage the latest technologies, and build globally competitive solutions for our clients. With Deimos being one of the two moons of Mars, we like to refer to ourselves as “Martians”, who are on a mission to Mars, together.
Our teams value the ability to learn and adapt to technology changes while appreciating solid foundational design and the craft of software engineering. As such our teams enjoy working with various clients who have different problems to solve. If this sounds like you then you would be an ideal fit for our environment. However, you must be based in one of the countries we currently hire in which are as follows: Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, and Senegal.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Professional Services team and deliver Software and DevSecOps projects. You will report to a Site Reliability Engineering Manager.
SRE / DevOps is one of our core competencies. You will be part of a highly-skilled team that continuously innovates and delivers high value solutions to clients across various industries on all public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc). Technologies we work with daily include Kuberenetes, Helm, Terraform, GitOps, OPA, Calico, Linkerd, just to name a few.
For us to achieve our ambitious vision together as a team, It is important for our Martians to lead at all levels, be self starters who take initiative and put their hands up for challenging tasks. A growth mindset is important to us and we encourage all our Martians to openly share knowledge, support and help each other, ask questions, get creative with new technologies and learn from setbacks.
Becoming a Martian means:
- Comfortably working and learning from a fully remote, culturally diverse team based predominantly in South Africa and Nigeria.
- Being an open, honest and respectful communicator.
- You enjoy asking questions, identifying areas of improvement and proposing solutions, no matter your job title or whether you have been with us for a day, a month or years!
- You are comfortable taking initiative and operating independently.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, where change is constant.
- You find it exciting to work with various clients, from different industries, each with a different problem for you and your team to solve.
- Intentionally sharing tech and industry trends that excite you with your peers.
- Seeking continuous feedback and actively taking steps to continuously grow personally and professionally.
- Design and build advanced cloud-native infrastructure
- Guide technical discussions with clients and build technical roadmaps
- Collaborate with the Engineering Director(s) to (re)design architecture
- Assist the Site Reliability Manager with resource planning
- Mentor other engineers and share knowledge
- Document processes and monitor performance metrics
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Constantly improve the stability, scalability, security, cost-effectiveness, and operational excellence of our clients’ systems.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and security.
- Conduct infrastructure planning, testing, and development
- At least five or more years experience working in a DevOps/SRE team
- Extensive experience in DevOps/SRE, team management and collaboration
- Advanced knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity
- Advanced knowledge of the general DevOps/SRE landscape, architectures, and emerging technologies
- Cloud experience, preferably GCP, Azure and AWS
- Experience in Observability Practices and Incident Management
- Extensive experience with Prometheus, Grafana, the Elastic Stack and all versions of Beats, especially within Kubernetes
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, preferably Terraform
- Experience with general automation and config management, preferably Ansible
- Extensive experience building and maintaining Kubernetes clusters and workloads
- Strong foundation of basic network and security concepts
- Ability to build robust CICD pipelines
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases
- Solid understanding of Linux operating systems
- Become a member of a team where we value each individual’s contribution from day 1 and empower you to make suggestions, get involved and do what you love most!
- Flexibility and the freedom to work from anywhere you choose and feel you thrive best.
- Work-life balance where you are not expected to work over weekends or after hours.
- A forward thinking remote company that knows how important it is to stay connected as one team, by providing social platforms for employee engagement, virtually or in person.
- A monthly work from home allowance which you can use to set yourself up to work comfortably from home. Whether that is pens, notebooks, new headphones or work snacks!
- A MacBook or Windows laptop for you to do your best work on.
- Become part of a team of exceptionally clever and talented people who like to share their knowledge and learnings.
- We support your career growth and love setting you up for the future! We want you to succeed and will continue to support you, even after you leave.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page