- Job Title Senior DevOps Engineer
- Hiring Organization Kraken
- Company Website https://www.kraken.com/en-us
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Join the DevOps Engineering at Staked to take an important role in building and run large-scale, fault-tolerant staking infrastructure. Staked uses a variety of tools including Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, Tekton, Flux, Prometheus and Grafana for system orchestration and monitoring. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining these systems alongside other team members.
As a member of the DevOps team you’ll look for creative ways to automate and secure our systems. This is a mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. We run a 24/7/365 operation to ensure our infrastructure is highly available and our customers are reliably earning staking rewards.
The ideal candidate is a team player, has a systematic approach to problem solving and strong communication skills. They have a deep sense of pride and ownership in their work.
$97,000 – $203,000 a year
This is the target annual salary range for this role. This range is not inclusive of other additional compensation elements, such as our Bonus program, Equity program, Wellness allowance, and other benefits [US Only] (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
The compensation range provided is influenced by various factors and represents the initial target range. Our salary offerings are dynamic and we strive to ensure that our base salary and total compensation package aligns and recognizes the top talent we aim to attract and retain. The compensation package of the successful candidate is based on various factors such as their skillset, experience, and job scope.
Location Tagging: #US #LI-Remote
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
- Lead projects to create, maintain and improve the core “Infrastructure As Code” that supports our production systems.
- Design and improve Automation that will let us scale and evolve systems by improving reliability and velocity using Terraform, Helmfile, Flux, and Tekton
- Utilize Kubernetes to manage containerized applications within the data infrastructure, ensuring efficient deployment, scaling, and orchestration.
- Maintain and improve the core infrastructure that supports Staking Validators by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems.
- Work closely with the BlockOps teams who deploy Staking Validators.
- Implement effective incident response procedures and participate in on-call rotations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents promptly to minimize downtime and impact.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics)
- Expertise in DevOps, Infrastructure as Code and algorithms
- Expertise with high availability and fault-tolerant systems, disaster recovery and automation in the cloud
- Expertise in container orchestration using Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud provider APIs, best practices and management (AWS and GCP)
- Experience with configuration tools Terraform, Helmfile, Flux, Tekton
- Experience with monitoring tools Prometheus and Grafana
- Expertise in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Preferred: Blockchain interest or experience
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $97,000 – $203,000 a year
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page