- Job Title Senior Game Designer
- Hiring Organization Carry1st
- Company Website https://www.carry1st.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, licence, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
As a Senior Game Designer you will be responsible for defining and guiding the creation of a competitive multiplayer game based on a traditional tabletop board game, shaping the vision of the game in collaboration with the Design Director and Game Designer at a partner studio.
You’ll work in close collaboration with our awesome Product, Creative, and Engineering teams, using your design skills, product mentality, and passion for mobile games to design the gameplay features at every stage of the process.
From contributing design documentation, through facilitating implementation and content creation, to managing game configuration – you will be an integral part in ensuring the successful delivery of the game from Production through LiveOps.
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market
- Bring your own experience and creativity to create a mobile F2P game poised to become a leader in the market niche.
- Holistically design the gameplay experience through social mechanics, content, economy, UI & UX, pacing & monetization, features & events with player motivation.
- Write detailed Game Design specifications and configurations. Follow up and ensure correct implementation of your designs.
- Collaborate closely with PMs & Data Analysts to study player behaviours & the game’s performance, then leverage data to improve KPIs by modifying your designs and configurations.
- +3 years of design experience in F2P games
- Ability to design and model the game’s economy and players’ progression
- Experienced in optimization of live games based on usage data
- Passion for mobile games
- Interest in traditional tabletop board and card games is a plus
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global – with people in 25+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company – enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page