- Job Title Senior Java Engineer
- Hiring Organization Bitso
- Company Website https://bitso.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
Our engineering team is responsible for building and scaling our products, and the infrastructure for our operations. As a Java Software Engineer, you will work in a fast-paced environment and work closely with different chapters across the company to build the best products for our users.
Engineering Senior Director
Who We Are
With over 5 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we’re fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action,
- where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
- Understand the requirements of Bitso’s products.
- Design and implement software tests.
- Help and correct bugs on the platform.
- Have knowledge of the operation of cryptocurrencies.
- Drive new feature development.
- Architect systems and improvement to scale our product and platforms.
- Ship code for high growth, high visibility markets, every day, for hundreds of thousands of users.
- Write a high-performance code designed for scale.
- Assure the integrity, solvency, and security of the exchange.
Failure to meet any of the following required qualifications could result in an automatic rejection.
- Proven English fluency.
Must have at least 4 years of working experience with the following:
- Java 8 or above (streams, lambdas, optionals).
- Spring Boot, Micronaut, or some other microservices framework.
- Relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL.
- NoSQL databases (Redis, Mongo).
- Certain notions of distributed systems: back pressure, observability, fault tolerance, concurrency, redundancy, etc
- Desirable skills: Kafka (event based architectures), APIs (REST and gRPC), Docker, Kubernetes, Some PHP knowledge.
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based)
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page