- Job Title: Senior Manager, Accounts Payable
- Hiring Organization: Zappos
- Company Website: https://www.zappos.com/
- Remote Locations: United States
- Job Type: Remote, Full-Time
Welcome! You made it to the job description page!
At Zappos, we look for people who will show up as their whole self because we value diversity and inclusion, as well as people who enjoy fun and maybe even a little weirdness. So be sure to check on whether you’re aligned with our company values and culture. If you think you can see yourself delivering WOW as a member of the Zappos family, then check out the job description below!
Company Culture is at Our Core
Our 10 Core Values are more than just words, they’re a way of life. We know that companies with a strong culture & a higher purpose perform better in the long run.
Do our values speak to you?
1. Deliver WOW Through Service
2. Embrace and Drive Change
3. Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
4. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5. Pursue Growth and Learning
6. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8. Do More With Less
9. Be Passionate and Determined
10. Be Humble
We Focus on Four C’s
Commerce (the “E” kind in our case)
Zappos continues to transform and grow. Ensuring the four C’s remain top of mind in everyone’s day-to-day means delivering happiness and WOW in the long-term to customers, as well as employees, vendors, shareholders and the community, in a sustainable way.
It’s also part of our core culture to offer shoppers more styles and variety, while reimagining ways to exceed expectations, protect and grow our company culture, and serve our communities near and far.
- Manages and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the invoice to payment processing, oversight of the month-end close process and master supplier data management process
- Ensures achievement of KPIs including accuracy, completeness and timeliness of daily invoice and payment processing activities across internal resources
- Ensures and develops team to provide excellent customer service
- Oversees that aging invoices and payments are identified, reconciled, and resolved in a timely manner
- Strengthen controls and compliance surrounding the Accounts Payable processes via improved internal control and reconciliation processes as well as detailed account balance reviews
- Manage compliance and reporting, including 1099 filings
- Assist with documenting procedures
- Conducts quality control audits and evaluates work standards to ensure standards and conformity
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to verify accuracy and ensure compliance with company policies and financial practices
- Provides regular reporting and status of operational health to management
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement new accounts payable processes and policies
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Manages, monitors and escalates any issues outside of SLA or not serviced in a timely manner
- Responsible for overall policies, procedures, and controls related to accounts payable
- Proactively provide insights that drive key decisions or help accelerate projects or work through projects
- Develop and enhance methodologies and procedures for process management in line with best practice in the spirit of continuous improvement
Leadership and Strategy
- Develop and own the global accounts payable strategy, roadmap and operational plan
- Review current data to develop KPIs and metrics that are relevant and will help monitor change and progress and drive resource planning and utilization
- Participate in current process improvement initiatives taking ownership of accountable workstream(s) and deliverables
- Proactively make recommendations and lead execution of process simplification, cycle time reduction and other SLA improvements and transaction cost reduction
- Identify root causes and provide insights to process and vendor owners to prevent invoicing & payment errors
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and management of team
- Drives talent performance management and development planning and execution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business plus 10 years of Accounts Payable experience required; 5+ years at a manager level required
- Deep expert knowledge of all aspects of payables procedures and full cycle accounting practices
- Understands key controls as it relates to Sox
- Has process improvement and development of best practices experience
- Experience with vendor data maintenance
- Experience with on-going training and communication programs
- Significant experience processing in a high transaction volume environment
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal) and planning skills
- Possess a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Organized, detail oriented, possess a sense of urgency and have the ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to drive results in cross functional projects
- Must be able to multi-task, learn quickly and adapt to change easily
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, train, lead and direct the work of others
- Experience with internal controls and compliance
- Transactional level SAP experience
- Expert knowledge MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to elevate conversation with senior leadership
- Self-starter with exceptional organizational, execution and project management capabilities with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong ability to act independently and contribute in a team environment with sound business judgment
- A generous Zapponian discount program.
- A multitude of benefits and incentives to stay healthy and fit.
- Zappos pays 100% of every employee’s medical, dental, and vision.
- Plenty of paid time off for life, vacations, staycations, and rest.
- Zappos pays for 100% of any 12 therapy, mental health, or coaching sessions each year.
- Meaningful assistance programs like professional development, mentoring, and 401k.
- Make an impact through volunteer adventures and other community programs
- Mandatory fun? Yes, please. Enjoy team building, family spirit and plenty of room to recharge.
Check out more company perks on our website.
Zapponian [noun| employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective| not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun| the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun| a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun| you’re a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
The Sr. Manager, accounts payable manages the accounts payable function end-to-end, driving success across all departments and gaining a strong understanding of the company. You will partner with finance and business stakeholders to develop and implement processes. This position will have a key role in the Finance team and in addition to day-to-day responsibilities will be involved in design and testing of internal controls, month end close responsibilities and other ERP improvement initiatives.
This role will drive operational excellence across Accounts Payable activities. This person will assess the accounts payable processes, identify improvement needs and strengthened compliance. This person will also oversee the management of accounts payable transactional processes.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page