- Job Title Senior Manager, Payments Accounting
- Hiring Organization Upwork
- Company Website https://careers.upwork.com/homepage
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to large, Fortune 100 enterprises with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.8 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
The Senior Manager, Payments Accounting role will report to the Director, Payments Controller. This position will be responsible for managing the monthly close process, and reviewing cash reconciliations related to platform operations. They will also be responsible for operational support of platform functions including cash management and bank transactions.
This Accountant must maintain strong and relevant accounting principles to ensure accurate and timely reporting. This position addresses tight deadlines and a variety of activities including cash management, transaction processing, month-end close and audit support preparation. A successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail.
- Drive month-end accounting close processes for payment operations including but not limited to: accounting for funds held and due to users, foreign currency transactions and merchant and payment processors
- Take on the completion and review of key account reconciliations
- Own monthly regulatory compliance for related payment services licenses
- Assist Director in managing monthly flux and reconciliation process
- Assist Director in managing audit deliverables
- Review key payments accounting weekly processes
- Own the development and training of directly managed Analysts and Senior Analysts (~3-5 direct reports)
- Be a representative for cross functional initiatives across finance and operations.
- Enhance existing processes and controls by bringing accounting best practices
- Perform and maintain assigned internal controls, identifying control improvements when possible
- Lead critical accounting projects such as new product offerings, including the design and implementation of key finance systems, close efficiency and management reporting
- Experience auditing, implementing or operating in a SOX effective environment
- Proficient in US GAAP
- Excellent communication and organization skills is a must for this position
- 1-2 years of Big 4 or similar experience
- High volume cash reconciliation experience
- Advanced skills with Excel and Blackline
- Treasury, fintech, payments and/or banking background is a plus
- 3-5 Years of total experience
- Experience in a Public Company and Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) compliance
- Marketplace or technology industry experience
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $137,000 - $201,000
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page