- Job Title Senior Manager, Social Marketing
- Hiring Organization Upwork
- Company Website https://www.upwork.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Upwork’s social team is on a mission to raise awareness of Upwork and become a culturally relevant thought leader in the way we work now. The Senior Manager, Social Marketing will be responsible for evolving and driving a best in class social program at Upwork, overseeing the evolution of our content strategy, the development of breakthrough campaigns (proactive and reactive) and building out a strategy for our community engagement and advocacy efforts – ultimately positioning Upwork as one of the most culturally relevant, engaging and fun brands in the space. They’ll set the goals for the social program and define the right KPI’s to showcase impact. This person will be responsible for overseeing a team that will be driving social media campaigns of various size and scale alongside pushing forward the day to day, month to month and quarterly editorial/always on social presence. They’ll need to have their pulse on culture both within our industry and beyond as they’ll be responsible for overseeing our reactive and disruptive social strategies. They’ll be responsible for overseeing the paid amplification strategy to optimize our content plan. This person will be knowledgeable about influencer marketing and have experience managing content creators, leveraging them in support of campaign and editorial efforts. The output of this work should redefine Upwork’s social presence, pivoting who we’re talking to, how we’re talking to them, building community, and supporting the development and deployment of optimized content in-line with business goals, specifically driving awareness and engagement.
The annual base salary for this position in California and Washington ranges from $107,000 – $186,000. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position in California and Washington, and individual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Additionally, this position is eligible for the annual bonus plan or sales incentive plan and eligibility to participate in our long term equity incentive program
- Strategy and Team Leadership:
- Lead the development of ownable best-in-class social strategy and social marketing campaigns across all channels to drive brand awareness, engagement, and advocacy.
- Have expertise in social media platforms, creative practices, scrappy “shot on Iphone” style video production, and an awareness of influencer trends.
- Nurture a culture of continuous learning and innovation by staying current with social trends, tools, and practices, sharing insights across teams.
- Present comprehensive strategies and campaign plans to gain senior management alignment and cross functional team buy in.
- Oversee a team of social media managers to execute against the overarching social strategy, define the right team structure and players to execute against
- Lead monthly / quarterly etc creative brainstorms for the direct social team and creative partners, spearheading development of new content series and social first campaign and campaign extensions
- Be the culture carrier across the team – help the team think about (and execute against) the “what if we” moments, and thoughtfully assess the right times for the brand to participate in cultural moments / trends
- Reporting, analytics and insights:
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports on social KPIs and progress towards goals including insights that inform future actions.
- Ensure cross functional partners are brought in
- Creative and agency oversight
- Oversee development of best in class creative briefs
- Serve as a liaison between social and creative teams – helping redefine and evolve processes and team structure to return creative output that breaks through and (ideally) drives earned media
- Knowledgeable about influencer marketing and have experience managing content creators, leveraging them in support of campaign + editorial efforts.
- Experience driving reactive marketing processes and impactful social first campaigns.
- Track record of leading breakthrough, culturally relevant social media campaigns and content that engages and inspires customers.
- Deep knowledge of the social media landscape with a passion for creating fresh ideas and innovative storytelling.
- Professional experience running business pages on Facebook, X, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube to develop social campaigns that spark conversation.
- Proven background working remotely in a dynamic environment and juggling multiple, varied priorities across company-wide stakeholders — including a sense of urgency and eagerness to be in touch that is a fit for the 24×7 nature of social channels.
- Outstanding writing ability, interpersonal skills, and demonstrated sound judgment when handling challenging customer situations.
- Prior experience with Upwork’s martech stack including tools like Sprinklr, Emplifi, Buffer, Tweetdeck, etc. Must have an ability and interest to pick up new software platforms quickly.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $107,000 - $186,000
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page