- Job Title Senior People Experience Specialist, Leader Enablement
- Hiring Organization Oyster HR
- Company Website https://www.oysterhr.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don’t need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
Created a fully-distributed, vibrant team of 500+ employees across 60+ countries
Established a diverse leadership team and an employee base that’s 60% female
Achieved one of the highest employee engagement scores in its class
Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a valuation of over $1 billion!
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employmentand we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever.
Effective leadership is critical to Oyster’s success. It inspires and motivates employees, drives Oyster towards its goals, fosters a positive culture, and ensures ethical and responsible operations. Good leaders create a culture of trust, respect, and collaboration, leading to higher engagement and retention. Strong leadership is essential for Oyster’s success across a diverse and complex landscape.
The Senior People Experience Specialist, Leader Enablement will be responsible for designing and delivering programs of work as well as services that cultivate exceptional leadership to a critical layer of our organization, our Managers and Directors. The successful candidate will work closely with leaders across Oyster; identifying and working towards enhancing leadership capabilities so that they can best support their teams. You will work with people of all skill levels, from first-time managers to those more seasoned, and help people managers around the world build a consistent culture of enablement, trust, and togetherness.
On a day-to-day basis, your work will span things like; coaching leaders in a solo or group format, fielding quantitative and qualitative inputs to shape up our People Experience products, participating in sprints to deliver those products, and on the other side, helping bring those products to market’ for our customers.
This role will report to the Senior Director of People Experience and be part of the Oyster People Experience (Px) department, within the broader Workplace function.
How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. We build trust. We thrive together.
Our mission is to create a more equal worldone global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our missionand that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative workand we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email email@example.com with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
- Continually iterating our leadership framework to define what exceptional leadership means at Oyster, and ensure that it is embedded in all people-related programs and processes
- In collaboration with our Education Program Manager, design and deliver training programs that help leaders at all levels develop the skills and capabilities required to lead effectively in a global, rapidly changing environment
- Implement programs and processes that encourage ongoing feedback and coaching between leaders and their team members as well as leaders and their peers, to help Oysters continuously improve and grow
- You are one person, so in tandem with our People Experience team, scaling products and enabling an internal community that grows and develops exceptional people leadership to all corners of the globe and all levels of the business
- Conducting assessments and evaluations to gauge individual and team development needs, from promotions to PIP’s
- Collaborate with the broader People Experience or Workplace team as well as other stakeholders to align leadership development initiatives with business strategy and goals. Escalate concerns or ideas to key stakeholders
- You’re going to be working across a lot of stakeholder groups on a broad cultural spectrum, so strong communication and interpersonal skills will be critical for building relationships and ensuring you’re able to support leaders by best understanding and working on the problems they’re facing.
- While we have an incredible team of employment lawyers and other specialists supporting us on the more technical stuff, someone who has worked in and around standard HR principles and practices will most successfully navigate some of the work undertaken in this role.
- You’re enabling the creation of exceptional leadership, so coming in with an understanding of leadership development methodologies will be extremely important and helpful in continuing to define our own.
- We’re big fans of backing our thoughts and ideas with data, so you should bring with you an ability to capture, analyze and interpret data to inform decision-making or show how the thing we’re doing is or isn’t working so we can celebrate, or of course correct (and then celebrate).
- Coaching and mentoring skills are going to be critical to your success in serving new and mature leaders in this space. Your stakeholder group will look to you as a resource for the unique scenarios they may not be able to navigate with our resources alone – so making that precious 1:1 time count with effective coaching will be critical.
- While we are strong in this as a collective team, having the basics around project management skills will be helpful to you as you chart your own course of creating and delivering initiatives that deliver exceptional leaders.
- We’re remote and asynchronous, so with that comes the supreme individual responsibility to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and maintain your own initiative around the work you are responsible for – we’ve got a lot of great resources to help here, but it’s an important cornerstone to come with, too.
- You’ll bring strong emotional intelligence and empathy to bear, by building trust, fostering a safe and supportive environment, helping leaders to leverage their strengths while addressing areas for growth and improvement.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team – as generic as this sounds, it’s really not. A lot of work you will be doing will tie in with our team’s sprint process and be reliant on others who know that part better than you do (teamwork!). Conversely, there is stuff that you will pretty much own in isolation. Being able to switch between the two approaches is going to be important in delivering success in this role.
- [BONUS] Experience in online training facilitation
- [BONUS] Experience in education program design/learning design
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breakswe all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we’ll get you up and running in no time!
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page