- Job Title Senior Product Manager, Editor Extensions
- Hiring Organization GitLab
- Company Website https://gitlab.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
We’re looking for an experienced Sr. Product Manager to drive the roadmap for Editor Extensions at GitLab. This team owns our extensions for Visual Studio, VS Code, Jetbrains, and Neovim.
The Editor Extension team is responsible for bringing GitLab functionality directly to the most popular code editors and IDEs, enabling developers to work more seamlessly and efficiently with GitLab. The GitLab Workflow extension for VS Code has been in use for a while, but it currently has a limited scope of features. The other extensions are still in initial development. This is an emerging area within GitLab that will collaborate closely with all other product areas, especially the Code Creation, Code Review, and IDE teams. It will also be necessary to work with the Secure, Govern, and Verify stages to enable developers to see application security scan results and pipeline job results within their IDEs. These areas of the product are focused on making it easy and intuitive to manage the various tasks that developers do while writing code, so that they are secure, compliant, and encourage best development practices.
You’ll lead cross-functionally with other GitLab stages to ensure our teams can drive our core differentiators. You’ll enable GitLab to lead from a position of product maturity while contributing to the strategic direction of the Editor Extensions capabilities, maintaining our lead and enabling our customers to ship software, faster.
About the team
Editor Extensions is a brand new team in GitLab focused on enabling developers working within their IDEs and code editors. The team is currently focused on enabling GitLab’s Code Suggestions within the most popular IDEs. The full scope of this group will include any way that developers will want to interact with GitLab from within their editors. The goal is to streamline development tasks and interactions with GitLab to reduce context switching while writing code. You can read more about the current priorities and challenges on the Editor Extensions Product Direction page.
- Work closely with internal development, technical field, marketing, and other product teams continuing to mature Editor Extensions.
- Ensure that the next milestone contains the most relevant items to customers, users, and us
- Work with customers, users, and other teams to make feature proposals enticing, actionable, and small
- Keep /direction up to date as our high-level roadmap
- Ensure that we translate user demands to features that make them happy but keep the product UI clean and the codebase maintainable
- Willingness to keep up with the maturing DevSecOps market finding ways to collaborate well beyond the scope of Editor Extensions.
Additional core responsibilities of GitLab Product Managers.
- Prior experience working with developer tooling or IDE extensions
- Experience managing stakeholders, including internally-facing product teams, senior executives, field sales teams, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team in a large Product organization.
- High-level technical understanding of how teams manage their source code at scale
- Experience using developer tooling, especially “DevOps” platforms.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally, as Editor Extensions/Create often contributes to and interacts with nearly every corner of the company.
- Experience building features within enterprise SaaS and Self-hosted software platforms.
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page