- Job Title Senior Product Manager
- Hiring Organization Kickstarter
- Company Website http://www.kickstarter.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
About the Team
As part of the Product Management team at Kickstarter, you will be directly responsible for meaningful and ambitious outcomes that support our mission and vision. This team is responsible for developing creator tools to help our users manage the fulfillment of their projects and campaigns. You will collaborate with engineers, design, insights, brand, and marketing to validate, build, and launch quality experiences. We value data-informed opinions, outcomes that matter, and building processes that make our products better.
- Own significant and complex business objectives (Objectives and Key Results/OKRs) and be responsible for the full product lifecycle — from discovery to iterative releases necessary to achieve these objectives.
- Communicate user problems, business opportunities, team roadmaps, on-going updates, and project/OKR results clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences (e.g., executive stakeholders, product team, people with and without technical expertise).
- Translate different channels of user insight, product analytics, and research into a strategic 6-month roadmap, then into actionable work.
- Identify and recommend success metrics and/or key results related to your business objective that enable meaningful ways to measure progress.
- Manage important business relationships with leadership team, key stakeholders, and sometimes key third-party partners to achieve long-term company goals.
- Work closely and collaboratively with a team of engineers, designers, and other product managers as well as non-technical stakeholders to plan, develop, and release work across web and mobile platforms.
- Manage complex roll-outs, including coordinating QA and cross-platform releases (web and mobile apps), and working closely with cross-functional partners such as Legal, Product Marketing, Trust and Safety, and Community Support.
- Identify ways to improve our discovery, development, and release processes and lead improvements among the product team and in the larger organization
- You have extensive experience as a senior product manager, with at least 3-5 years of experience in product management.
- You have experience leading cross-functional teams with confidence, using your ability to influence and motivate.
- You have a proven ability to use a data-informed approach to develop opportunity assessments and/or business cases.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills and are able to convey user problems, business opportunities, team roadmaps, on-going updates, and project/OKR results clearly to a variety of audiences.
- You have significant experience managing through ambiguity by shaping user insights/research or opportunity areas into actionable projects.
- You are comfortable operating in technical discussions and spaces, evaluating technical product tradeoffs in partnership with engineering managers.
- You have experience building strong trust with cross-functional stakeholders and partners.
- You have a solid track record of executing and rolling out products and features that delivered positive and measurable impact to users.
- You have substantial experience with the full product development life cycle, especially product validation, including light-weight testing and experimentation and iterative releases.
- You have experience managing complex roll-out processes, including QA and cross-platform releases (web and mobile apps), and coordinating closely with cross-functional partners (e.g., Product Marketing, Customer Service, Sales).
- You have deep empathy for our diverse community of creators and experience working closely with engaged user groups. And have ideally worked with a passionate user group (e.g., sellers, creators, or similar communities) within a two-sided marketplace.
- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- 100% employer-paid health plan offerings
- 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
- A 4-day/32-hour workweek! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with one so that we can all enjoy long weekends
- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
You can read more about our benefits and working at Kickstarter at our Jobs page: https://jobs.kickstarter.com/
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page