- Job Title Senior Research Associate
- Hiring Organization United Nations Foundation
- Company Website https://unfoundation.org/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
The Digital Impact Alliance (DIAL) aims to advance a more equitable world through a shared vision of a positive digital future. We connect people with evidence on digital tools that work for society through research, demonstrations, and advocacy. We collaborate with others to promote digital systems that hold qualities of inclusion, trust, choice, and human agency, with a particular focus on the themes of effective digital public infrastructure and strong data governance.
Hosted within the UN Foundation in Washington, DIAL is a partnership among some of the world’s biggest digital development champions, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the United Kingdom’s Foreign & Commonwealth & Development Office, and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, among others.
DIAL seeks an entrepreneurial, result-oriented, and organized program administrator with 1) exemplary writing ability and a demonstrated track record in translating research into diverse, compelling, content tailored for specific audiences and 2) the ability to support project management across multiple projects at the same time, ensuring the timely delivery of deliverables.
The Research Senior Associate shall be responsible for managing the quality and tone of research produced by other DIAL staff, research fellows, and other partners and working closely with DIAL’s communications and advocacy teams to ensure all research efforts are aligned with DIAL’s strategy and goals. To this end, the role will require an individual with detailed-oriented program administration experience and an understanding of how to shape communications to targeted audiences. Success in this role will require the Senior Associate to be well-informed or eager to learn about trends and emerging practices related specifically to digital public infrastructure and data governance, have a grounding in the interplay between technology and its impact on people and society, and an ability to identify and connect with a range of DIAL audiences. This is a role with a significant opportunity to work on both the most pressing questions that digital policymakers are grappling with today and frontier issues that will shape digital transformation in the years ahead.
The Research Senior Associate will report to and be supervised by DIAL’s Research Director for overall guidance, work planning, and performance reviews.
This position is based in Washington D.C. or remotely globally.
Writing and Editing (50%)
- Provide in-depth editing and writing support to researchers, colleagues, and fellows at DIAL as well as experts we work with externally.
- Write content pieces, including informative articles and case studies, that are built upon or are complimentary to research findings.
- Contribute to research team’s digital presence, working closely with the DIAL communications team to ensure the research products are succinctly and effectively communicated, and are a key part of DIAL’s editorial approach. This includes sourcing relevant articles, statistics, and updates to reinforce DIAL’s research findings and position.
- Work with the DIAL Research Director to establish a clear tone for DIAL’s research and work with multiple researchers/authors to align their work and ensure it’s consistent with the organization’s voice, in line with DIAL’s brand.
- Review metrics on the performance of DIAL’s research products online, and work with DIAL’s communications team to put together insights and recommendations for improvements.
Research Management (50%)
- Support DIAL Research Fellows to ensure their work is aligned with DIAL’s research priorities and contributing to a cohesive body of knowledge.
- Coordinate with the Africa Data Leadership Initiative, GovStack, and other relevant communities of practice managed by DIAL to gather feedback and lessons learned as well as to disseminate research insights.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or significant equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience, with experience working across public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
- Excellent writing skills, with a proven track record of developing content that achieves desired results.
- Demonstrated interest in the interplay between digital technologies and their impact on people and society.
- Demonstrated project administration skills, ability to multitask.
- Detail-oriented and results-driven, with an analytical mind and a keenness to make decisions based on data.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a diverse, geographically distributed, cross-functional team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and networking skills.
- Experience working in and able to travel periodically to — emerging economies and sensitive to cultural and regional norms.
- Writing samples are required as part of the interview process.
- Ascribe to DIAL’s values of Commitment, Collaboration, Empowerment, Courage, and Thoughtful Action.
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page