- Job Title Senior Software Developer
- Hiring Organization Pearson
- Company Website https://www.pearson.com/us/
- Remote Locations US, Canada, UK
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
As a Senior Software Developer on the OnVUE team, you will be a major individual contributor for a a major core offering as a part of Pearson VUE. Th primary responsibility is to develop new features and make technical improvements. Alongside the team lead, you will provide technical supervision of the other engineers’ work. We strongly prefer Angular experience because it is an important technology for this product.
Our OnVUE remote proctoring system allows people to take exams anywhere in the world. OnVUE software provides streaming video of the exam taker to the proctor supervising the exam in a secure and interactive way.
The OnVUE product has grown significantly during the COVID-19 pandemic and is a core part of Pearson VUE testing strategy.
We are planning for significant investment in the technology powering OnVUE and this role will be key to taking this product into the future.
OnVUE primary tech stack is Java (currently version 17) and Angular (currently version 14) and we strive to use modern versions. OnVUE runs in Microsoft Azure in Kubernetes.
In this role it is possible to work remotely anywhere in the US, Canada, or the UK, but the position requires you to work during core US Central Time Zone business hours.
The minimum full-time salary range is between $110,000 – $125,000.
- Develop new features and other technical implementation work
- Make technical recommendations
- Create software designs
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Fix defects and perform troubleshooting
- Create and maintain deployment workflows
- 5+ years’ work experience as a software developer
- 2+ years’ experience with cloud technologies (preferably Azure)
- 2+ years’ experience with Angular or similar front-end software frameworks (like React, Svelte, etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience with Java or similar back-end languages
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Relational databases
- DevOps workflows related to cloud-based development and deployment
- Experience with Continuous Integration environments
- Demonstrated technical leadership with an eye toward quality
- Software design skills
- Compensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. As required by the Colorado, California, Washington State, New York State, and New York City laws, the pay range for this position is as follows:
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location US, UK, Canada
- Salary Offer $110,000 – $125,000
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page