- Job Title Senior Software Test Engineer
- Hiring Organization Swiftly Systems
- Company Website https://www.swiftly.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Swiftly is a leading provider of technology and solutions for retailers worldwide. Our best-in-class platform delivers innovative, turn-key solutions that empower retailers to grow sales and build loyalty, while enabling brands to reach more shoppers through retail media networks.
Swiftly is the first vendor in the industry to connect the digital and in-store shopping experience with a robust ad platform, while deepening insights using 1st party data and analytics. We offer the only system to seamlessly connect with retail customers across the entire shopping journey. With our recent Series C funding round totaling $100M we are expanding our team with exciting times ahead.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Swiftly is building better retail through technology.
Swiftly is a growing organization and is looking for a self-motivated individual with strong QA experience and a passion for high quality software to join our Swiftly team! The ideal person is passionate about software testing with the key ability to think critically and identify software breaking issues within our mobile platform.
Working For Swiftly
We are working on a set of problems that require the best in the industry to get right. Our employees are the pillars of the future of the company and they are treated and compensated as such. We’re a growing team of experienced industry professionals building an organization that can solve tough problems and values a collaborative environment.
Every Swiftly employee:
-Has demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
-Takes ownership of their domain from the ground up, from inception through deployment to customers
-Leaves their ego at the door and ensures the best idea leaves the room
-Is always experimenting with new technologies and learning new skillsets
If you’ve ever wanted to work on a project that blends a gorgeous consumer experience, sophisticated logistics, and scale that rivals the largest technology players, Swiftly is the place for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Swiftly is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Swiftly will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
- Creating, maintaining, and updating a set of test frameworks and tools, and helping to grow our overall test infrastructure to facilitate automation being run in dynamic build environments in partnership with our Site Reliability Engineering and development teams
- Leading the effort towards simplifying test tools and technologies in terms of efficiency, stability, and scalability
- Testing complex API, web and mobile based applications that reference database back-end systems
- Creating and maintaining automated test cases and executing test suites, as well as reviewing and diagnosing reported bugs to help ensure overall system quality prior to a customer release
- Creating and maintaining automated suites of tests to build and deliver a continuous integration test system for value added feedback
- Actively participating in cross-team design & technical reviews with internal partner engineering teams and serving as the Quality SME in terms of test automation
- Working closely with software developers to create test artifacts including test plans, test cases, test procedures and test reports
- Serving as a mentor and providing technical guidance and training to junior test personnel
- Participates in the performance testing and analysis framework for a web services architecture containing ESB, BPM, and associated back-end applications
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline such as Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of eight years of experience, preferably in either a Software Development Engineer or (SDET) Software Development Engineer in Test role
- Must have an understanding and the ability to develop code in Java. Strong experience in API testing from SOAP, RESTful is required. Strong experience with XML, Databases and SQL
- Hands-on experience with mobile device testing and automation (Android and/or iOS). Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyze complex problems in large systems
- Experience with test processes, open-source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests in Java with frameworks like JUnit/TestNG, Selenium, JMeter and Appium is preferred
- Must be detail oriented, analytical and a creative thinker with a passion for quality and test automation
- Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure customer project deliverables
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration systems
- Experience with tools & applications such as JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Git and Artifactory/Maven
- Must have previous experience with requirements, defect, functional, and performance management systems
- At least five years of experience working in a mobile test automation environment (Android and/or iOS), with practical experience in designing, building, and updating scalable test frameworks for mobile-focused testing
- Experience working with Kotlin
- Previous experience with transport ticketing or tolling systems is a plus
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page