- Job Title Senior SysOps Engineer
- Hiring Organization BuddyBoss
- Company Website https://www.buddyboss.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
To help in our planned growth, we are looking for an experienced Senior System Operations engineer that will help our team establish SysOps best practices and will work closely with multiple teams across the organization including Design, Development, Engineering, and Product Owners to identify and establish SysOps practices.
The successful candidate will lead and coordinate a distributed SysOps team consisting of members from various locations around the world, working to deploy and manage enterprise-scale cloud hosting infrastructure.
You will need to be technically skilled, with excellent communication and collaboration skills, able to make decisions, be well organized, and capable of taking ownership of projects.
We are looking for a seasoned team player who has extensive exposure to public cloud offerings from platforms such as AWS and you have a proven track record of managing and delivering enterprise cloud-based PaaS with an API-first mindset.
- Leading and coordinating the day-to-day activities of a global SysOps Team.
- Coordinating the deployment, operations, management, and scalability of PaaS infrastructure.
- Planning and leadership of projects that intersect with various teams across the organization.
- Defining standards and developing best practices across the PaaS operations domain.
- Working closely with internal and external teams to ensure best practices are applied consistently.
- Maintaining and ensuring continued reliability, scalability, and security of PaaS infrastructure.
- Managing the prevention and investigation of PasS operational issues.
- Min. 10 years experience in IT
- Expert level experience in Linux Administration (Debian/Ubuntu/CentOS most preferred)
- Expert-level experience in building and maintaining AWS-based infrastructure (EC2, S3, SQS, SES, etc.)
- Min. 5 years of experience building, deploying, and managing Docker/Kubernetes,
- Min. 5 years experience with shell scripting in Bash
- Experience with server virtualization technology such as KVM, Vmware
- Experience with enterprise-scale server/web hosting
- Database experience (both SQL and NoSQL, including MySQL and Redis)
- Experience with GitLab CI/CD, CircleCI, deployHQ, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, or similar
- Experience with version control systems (preferred Git)
Previous Experience / Nice to Have
- Demonstrated leadership experience in distributed international operations.
- Experience with OpenStack
- Experience with JPS / Jelastic Cloud Scripting
- Experience with WordPress environment preparation and deployment.
- Experience with programming in at least one language (ideally PHP)
- Experience with PHP frameworks (ideally Laravel)
- Experience in a DevOps, infrastructure, systems, or equivalent role
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as Zabbix New Relic, Datadog, etc.
- Experience applying cloud security best practices and maintaining compliance.
- Experience with ElasticSearch/OpenSearch technologies
- Redhat or AWS certificates (would be considered a plus)
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based)
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page