- Job Title: Senior Video Editor
- Hiring Organization: Planned Parenthood
- Company Website: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/
- Remote Locations: United States
- Job Type: Remote, Full-Time
OFFICE OF SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, COMMUNICATIONS & CULTURE (CNC) – BRAND & CULTURE STRATEGY
FULL TIME – NON-UNION
Planned Parenthood is the nation’s leading provider and advocate of high-quality, affordable sexual and reproductive health care for all people, as well as the nation’s largest provider of sex education. With more than 600 health centers across the country, Planned Parenthood organizations serve all patients with care and compassion, with respect, and without judgment, striving to create equitable access to health care. Through health centers, programs in schools and communities, and online resources, Planned Parenthood is a trusted source of reliable education and information that allows people to make informed health decisions. We do all this because we care passionately about helping people lead healthier lives.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that supports the independently incorporated Planned Parenthood affiliates operating health centers across the U.S. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit membership organization formed as the advocacy and political arm of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. The Action Fund engages in educational, advocacy, and electoral activity, including grassroots organizing, legislative advocacy, and voter education.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is seeking a creative and detail oriented Senior Video Editor.
WE ENCOURAGE DIVERSE CANDIDATES TO APPLY.
Minimum Salary: 97k
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We’re committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
- Provide innovative and technical expertise to help ensure that Planned Parenthood’s video content is on-brand, resonates with audiences and is of the highest quality
- Manage and oversee editing of content, light motion design, remote video recording, audio recording and mixing, color grading and finishing
- Edit and manage a steady flow of high-quality video content for Planned Parenthood websites, social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat and YouTube, events and rallies, and other platforms.
- Advise and manage new approaches to post-production that innovate and elevate aesthetic of the work, while supporting the larger organization mission
- Build collaborative networks with external vendors that further our approach to post production and deliverables.
- Shape and edit stories, carefully crafting content, and sharing out for reviews and final delivery
- Work with producers to create post schedules and sticks to timelines outlined
- Stay abreast of developments in the industry and innovative work by other organizations, and applies them to Planned Parenthood’s work
- Manage and archive relevant footage, project files, finishing specs and final deliverables
- Work closely with in-house video production team to collaborate in a team environment
- Manage and mentor a three-person post-production team, including an in-house editor, motion designer, and assistant post producer
- Leader for post-production team; Sustains quality through project adaptation, initiates problem solving discussions, receives and gives feedback
- Advise on the tasks and priorities of other organization teams
- Create and craft longer format narrative, storytelling content
- Comfortable turning high-quality videos around quickly in rapid response environments
- Committed to working with a multicultural and inclusive workforce, promoting diverse groups, and furthering health and racial equity
- Easily navigate all phases of post production while working remotely
- Juggle an often large volume of work effectively, balancing extremely tight turnaround projects with long-lead work and ensuring that projects are on track and that teams are kept abreast of project status
- 8-10 years experience working as a video editor
- Experience editing both short and long-form content
- Editorial experience in production and post-production process
- Some motion graphics experience
- Proficiency in video editing software: Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects with knowledge of Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Experience in all aspects of video post-production including editing, audio mix and design, music and stock footage search, basic motion design, color grading, and asset delivery
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Creative thinker with strong storytelling abilities
- Knowledge of different video formats, file conversions and aspect ratio best practices for social media platforms
- Online video publishing and file transfer expertise
- Advanced knowledge of video, audio, and post-production equipment
- Experience and understanding of digital media platforms
- Has a passion for visual and narrative storytelling
- Spanish-speaker or Spanish language knowledge a plus but not required
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer 97k
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page