- Job Title Sr. Payroll Analyst
- Hiring Organization Sourcegraph
- Company Website https://sourcegraph.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code graph powers Cody, the most powerful and accurate AI coding assistant, as well as our Code Search product, which helps devs explore their entire codebase and make large-scale migrations and security fixes. We’re building software that builds software, and in doing so we’re making devs more productive and preparing for a world where a lot more code gets written.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. AI has taken over the world, and we’ve spent the last 10 years building infrastructure that’s integral to making AI generated code more powerful and accurate. Our customers include 4/5 FAANG companies, 4 of the top 10 banks, government organizations, Uber, Plaid, and many other companies building the software that pushes the world forward. We’ve raised $225M at a $2.625B valuation from Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Redpoint, Craft and others. We’re making ambitious bets on our future and we’re looking to hire exceptional people to join our team as we make Sourcegraph one of the biggest and most influential companies in the world.
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a location requirement for this role. However, your working hours must overlap with US time zones for at least 30 hours/week.
As the founding member of our Payroll Team, you will play an integral role in building out our internal payroll operations. You will lead both day-to-day payroll support and build scalable support frameworks, processes, tools, and partnerships.
Within one month, you will…
- Create an internal payroll process end to end to support 100+ employees and sustainably support additional growth
- Own state registrations (US) and the administration of new state setup, ensuring the necessary deduction/tax codes are adhered to
- Own benefits administration within our payroll software (Rippling)
- Ensure compliance with relevant US state and federal tax and employment laws
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (compensation adjustments, promotions, terminations) and additional sources of pay (commission, bonuses)
- Partner with the People team to process employee benefits elections including new hire, annual enrollment, and qualifying life events
- Work with our People team and leave management service to maintain a record of leaves (parental, sick, etc.) and process payroll adjustments
- Be the main point of contact for teammates and other internal customers regarding payroll and benefits
Within three months, you will…
- Take on full ownership semi monthly payroll processing for the US entity and booking of payroll entries into NetSuite
- Take over any required compliance fillings
- Be able to answer teammate payroll and benefits enrollment questions.
- Gain a nuanced understanding of Accounting/Payroll Team data, systems and processes and suggest some initial improvements
Within six months, you will…
- Establish an onboarding and offboarding workflow with the people ops and IT teams
- Fully understand all data workflows and process owners
- Select a new payroll provider
Within one year, you will…
- Have established successful partnerships with Accounting, PeopleOps, Sales, and FP&A
- Implemented a new payroll system
- Ensure 100% compliance with zero late fees or past due registrations
- Taken on full ownership of US payroll, international PEO payroll processing
Example: you are an experienced and people-driven member of a payroll team who has the skills to effectively drive progress toward our eng organization’s ambitious objectives. You thrive in fast-paced environments. You have a knack for juggling competing priorities. You get stuff done. You manage up. You are strongly aligned with our values, inspired by our mission to make it so that everyone can code, and motivated to do your best work at Sourcegraph.
- Proven experience as a payroll senior analyst, or similar role
- Excellent understanding of multi-location (U.S.) payroll and taxes
- Familiarity with payroll software/ HRIS (e.g. Rippling, BambooHR)
- Experience managing new state setup registrations, tax filings, and other compliance
- Experience with administration of PFL, FSA, HSA programs
- Experience with benefits administration within a payroll software
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Human Resources or related field; professional certification is a plus
Nice to haves:
- Experience with NetSuite
This job is an IC2/3. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $108,540 (IC3) USD base
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page