- Job Title Staff Accountant
- Hiring Organization Kasa Living
- Company Website https://kasa.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
- Kasa is searching for an experienced Staff Accountant to join our cutting-edge Finance Team. In this position, you will help build Kasa’s global brand by performing multiple duties related to the accounting & finance functions of the organization within established deadlines.
- In this role, you will report to the Manager, Finance and work with different finance and accounting staff members as well as outsourced staff. In this position, you will play a critical role in building a market-leading, financial reporting organization to service Kasa’s rapid growth across multiple asset classes and geographies. It takes a dedicated person to succeed in this role, and we hope you are excited by the challenge!
- As a Kasa Staff Accountant, you will regularly interact with and support our Operations Team and work together to help grow and develop Kasa’s portfolio of properties.
About the Team
- Kasa is building an efficient and effective finance team to ensure best-in-class financial reporting and guest satisfaction. You will be joining a team with diverse backgrounds in hospitality, real estate, and private equity. The team focuses on building scalable processes by being resourceful and having a growth mindset. This remote role will be part of a small team, allowing for significant upward mobility within a fast-growing organization.
Day in the Life of a Kasa Staff Accountant
- As is normal in the accounting world, each day will be different depending on the time within the reporting cycle. The main focus will be ensuring the accuracy of our general ledger and financial reporting. You will work with other Finance Kasamig@s to complete centralized and de-centralized accounting assignments. During month-end, you will perform other ad-hoc financial duties – you are ready to wear multiple hats.
- Your responsibilities will include reviewing the general ledger and using sound judgment to interpret what you’re seeing. You will independently identify and send adjusting entries to be recorded for 2-3 portfolios of properties organized by region (approximately 25-30 properties total).
- You will work with the Finance Manager to summarize & present financial information in meaningful ways to facilitate useful discussions and good decisions by internal teams and prepare financial information to be shared with our external partners. You will provide variance explanations both in writing and verbally to assist in interpreting results.
- You will perform account analyses and account reconciliations to ensure results are reasonable and accurate. You will ensure our property partners are paid timely and settle intercompany balances between the properties and parent company.
- When you are not in the thick of financial reporting, your focus will be to work on strategic initiatives. Examples include helping the team by improving the time to close the books by using your spreadsheet skills to revamp or partially automate processes, and assisting the Finance Manager with meeting annual audit requirements. You will identify, communicate, and implement process improvements.
- Every other week you will participate in a company-wide meeting where we discuss the business. You get to interact with leaders from other departments and share ideas to help grow the business. Our culture is based on a remote work environment where we take pride in getting to know each other and what drives us.
You will succeed at Kasa by:
- Demonstrating ownership of your properties and portfolios through accurately, timely, and completely delivering on all assignments
- Building your understanding of elements unique to your properties & contracts and being able to articulate them to others; sharing your knowledge with others and being receptive to what they share with you
- Maintaining materially accurate books for both your properties and the consolidated Kasa entity
- Providing a high degree of customer service to your fellow Kasamig@s and our Property Partners by providing timely, thoughtful, and accurate responses
- Demonstrating initiative in resolving issues through strong problem-solving abilities and a desire and willingness to partner with others to achieve the best results
- Operating independently, with limited supervision, in a high-growth environment
- Building from your current responsibilities over time to make even greater contributions to Kasa
Want to learn more about the Kasa experience? Save 15% on kasa.com
Who We Are
Kasa is a Real Estate Technology company that is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We partner with owners of multifamily, single-family, and boutique hospitality properties, transforming underutilized real estate into stylishly furnished, professionally managed units that cater to business and leisure travelers alike. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well-priced, trustworthy, and offers a large selection of great locations!
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Kasa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Kasa Living is an E-Verify participant. We will verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by matching information employees provide on the form i-9 against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). You may find more information here and here.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge of US accounting principles (GAAP)
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Financial and data analysis skills such as reviewing properties’ balance sheets and P&Ls to ensure monthly changes and ending balances are reasonable
- Strong analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key reporting deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented position with constantly shifting priorities
- Ability to learn quickly. While on-the-job training is provided, you are expected to use your experience and problem-solving skills to independently apply concepts learned from one task to another.
- Intellectually curious, highly motivated, and able to maintain efficiency while working independently
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to collaborate and build relationships with various stakeholders
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets required (e.g. pivot tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF, etc.)
- Experience with NetSuite or similar accounting software
- You’ve worked remotely at some point in your career
- You’ve worked in the hospitality industry at some point in your career
- You are proficient in Netsuite
- You are proficient in Google Workspace
- Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a discount on any night for friends and family.
- Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it’s not disruptive to their work.
- Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position.
- Health Coverage: We’ve invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most, including a company-sponsored plan with fertility coverage.
- 401(k) plan: As you invest in yourself and your future, Kasa invests in you too: we match 100% of the first 2% of deferred salary, and 50% of the next 2%.
- Other Perks: Qualifying full-time roles are eligible for a wi-fi stipend, home office stipend, and more!
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page