- Job Title Staff Engineer, Fullstack Publishing Platform
- Hiring Organization Twilio
- Company Website https://www.twilio.com/en-us
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
This position is needed to help build the web application powering Twilio’s most critical developer experiences, including API documentation and technical tutorials. Serving alongside developer evangelists, developer educators, and other technical content creators, you will build a web app used by millions of developers every year. You will innovate in the presentation, performance, and user experience of developer documentation. You will pair technical expertise with great stakeholder management, and help guide a technical roadmap. You will help guide and mentor other developers and contractors to deliver the solutions required by our content authors. We are not building just a simple documentation website, but a large application with frontend and backend components, automation, and a world-class contributor experience for thousands of interactive docs pages.
- Collaborate with subject-matter experts, fellow developers, and internal stakeholders to execute on a roadmap that delivers great developer experiences
- Design and create world-class tooling for technical content creators, so they can spend more time writing and collaborating, and less time wrestling their content to work well on the website
- Drive operational excellence for the publishing platform application, maintaining robust uptime and enabling continuous delivery
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior engineers, providing guidance, code reviews, and fostering their professional development within the team
- Work with content and SEO experts to ensure that our website is built for performance and usability from search
- Engage with end users and the broader developer community to learn how our documentation, tutorials, and technical content can best serve them
- Propose and implement new ideas to advance the state of the art in developer documentation and web-based developer tools
- Aggregate and prioritize feedback from internal customers, to ensure our publishing platform is meeting their needs
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years experience writing production-grade code in a modern programming language
- Experience with React and the Jamstack model of web development. Next.js and TypeScript are a plus.
- Significant experience as a technical leader on web development projects built for a developer audience
- Experience interfacing with business stakeholders, and translating business requirements into software solutions
- Experience navigating and understanding a large scale software architecture, and understanding how pieces fit together in a distributed system
- Experience supporting mission-critical web applications and infrastructure
- Comfortable asking questions and taking initiative to solve problems in a company where it is often necessary to “draw the owl”
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated commitment to seeking diverse viewpoints, and acting with intention to create an inclusive team environment
- DevOps experience such as automating cloud infrastructure using a tool like Terraform, and building CI/CD pipelines
- Track record of open source contribution
- Experience with technical content publishing and related technologies
- Keen eye for design, particularly experience focused on UX
- Experience building DX tooling, for example, linting, code editor plugins, or GitHub custom apps
- Experience in frontend reliability, including monitoring, alerting, and responding to incidents
- Experience in writing appropriate unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- An interest in pair/mob programming, effective asynchronous working, and seeking a productive balance between async and sync work
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer : $145,520 - $181,900.
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page