- Job Title Staff Product Designer, Character
- Hiring Organization Squarespace
- Company Website https://www.squarespace.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams that are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team’s success.
We are looking for a Staff Product Designer on our Presence team to help create and implement the craft practices and quality standards by which the Presence Design team consistently delivers appealing, usable and impactful experiences for web, mobile, and beyond. The Presence team is responsible for developing user tools for content and asset management, campaign and CRM, content automation, layout/expression/styling, email/site domain management, and new experience design prototyping.
You will report to the Product Design Manager (Presentation) on our Presence team. We are open to hiring remotely for this role.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID 19.
Cash Compensation Range: $170,000 – $299,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, qualifications and experience, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Lead a cross-functional team to conceptualize and deliver new end user capabilities that enable expressive text and image editing and presentation within the Squarespace website platform
- Define roadmaps for expressibility features based on (but not limited to) a combination of user needs/insights, web design trends, competitor offerings, and opportunities for valuable differentiation
- Define user and product success measures for team
- 8+ years professional experience, preferably as a Product Designer
- Ability to lead, influence, and persuade confidently through ambiguous problems and help manage change without official management responsibility
- Self-motivation; ability to produce results both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lead and manage large design initiatives, including managing competing priorities with product and engineering peers
- Serve as a bridge connecting design, product, engineering, and cross-functional teams.
- Deep knowledge of Product Design best practices for web, mobile
- Interest, perspective on how to drive experiences for surfaces beyond web, mobile (AR, virtual experiences, etc.)
- Expertise in product design best practices for navigation, typography, layout, visual hierarchy, interaction and usability
- Expertise in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud and other design tools
- Independent, self-starting and consistent delivery on commitments
- Detail-oriented with an eye on meaningful consistency
- Strong workshop and facilitation skills
- A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- $100 per month remote Stipend
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $170,000 – $299,000 USD
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page