- Job Title Staff Software Engineer, Backend
- Hiring Organization Lime
- Company Website https://www.li.me/
- Remote Locations US, Canada
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Lime is the world’s largest shared electric vehicle company. We re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Software Engineer to join our team and help us revolutionize the way people move around cities. As a key member of our team, you ll have the opportunity to design and build the core technology that powers our fleet of connected vehicles. With our rapid global expansion, you ll play a vital role in crafting backend systems that can process boatloads of requests from our IoT devices and consumer-facing apps. You will also have the chance to improve our suite of operational tools that enable our distributed workforce to charge, deploy, and maintain our electric vehicles. And the best part? You get an opportunity to work with a talented group of engineers, data scientists, designers and PMs who are passionate about creating innovative solutions for urban transportation!
Remote Friendly (US & Canada only). Preference will be given to candidates who live in U.S. cities where Lime operates.
- Identify, define, and solve strategically essential technical problems, including architecting and building highly scalable foundational platforms, leading new product initiatives, and revamping core application experiences.
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make. In many cases, you will be the decider of these decisions.
- Lead the cross-functional collaboration with PMs, Engineers, Design, Data Scientists, Research, and Operations teams.
- Mentor and lead other engineers on the team. Identify and develop future leaders.
- Advise Lime s leadership team on key technology adoption and process improvements.
- Contribute to shaping overall engineering culture at the company.
- 5+ years of industry professional software development experience, and a track record of building impactful products or systems.
- Customer obsessed. You put customers first.
- Data driven. You have a strong data insight and rely on data to make decisions.
- Owner s mindset. You’re a self-starter and get things across the finish line.
- Outcomes oriented. You focus on impact.
- Strong influencer. You motivate and empower your team to go above and beyond.
- Strong collaborator. You understand cross-functional strategies and involve key stakeholders in decision making.
- Technical proficiency to understand and contribute to the design and implementation of projects and ideas.
- Experience in partnering with other leads from engineering, product, operations and compliance to craft roadmaps and measures of success.
- Excellent communication and effective prioritization skills in working with competing priorities.
- Passionate. You re passionate about Lime’s mission and micromobility; you want to see cities transform to becoming people-centric and less polluted.
- (Preferred) Expert on cloud infrastructure and scaling systems.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
- Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
- Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
- Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
- Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
- Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
- Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
- Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
- Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
- Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
- Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That s why we re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Canada, United States
- Salary Offer Competitive salary
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page