- Job Title Strategic Project Manager
- Hiring Organization Cash App
- Company Website https://cash.app/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We are looking for a Strategic Project Manager to join our growing Compliance Strategic Operations team. The Compliance Strategic Operations team’s mission is to lead high impact global initiatives for the Compliance organization, with a focus on efficiency. You will manage Strategic Projects within Cash App Compliance.
You will report to the Cash PMO Lead and will work with internal and external partner groups (Legal, Risk, Product, Engineering and Customer Success) across different regions.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with a strong sense of ownership and a “get things done” attitude. You are effective at prioritizing, organized, and have a track record of being adaptable in a fluid, high-growth environment.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 – USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 – USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 – USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 – USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
This role is also eligible to participate in Block’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
- Develop and drive roadmaps and project plans. Frame and scope the problem statement, build requirements, work with partners (including leadership), identify dependencies, reduce risks and drive the project progress
- Build tactical and scalable solutions for operational teams to manage compliance tasks and risks
- Stay on top of regulatory developments, industry trends and Cash app roadmaps to guide decisions
- Lead the initiative to implement a change management process that will help roll out new programs/products
- Support the development of strategic programs and implement programs with minimal guidance
- Conduct the RFP process for vendors
- Develop OKRs for the project and for the organization
- Influence across multiple levels and multiple responsibilities of an organization
- Build, maintain and communicate detailed reporting (this will entail project reporting and assisting with ad-hoc reporting for the leadership team)
- Minimum of 5-6 of years experience in project management, program management, consulting, strategy, or related area
- A metrics-driven approach to create substantiated solutions
- Ability to execute in an ambiguous environment and work with team members of all levels
- Experience with managing strategic, and operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams
- An ability to distill complex issues into solvable tasks
- Clear written skills that reflect high attention to detail
- Experience managing large projects from ideation-to-execution (full project lifecycle)
- Experience establishing processes
- Ability to quickly earn trust and develop relationships with stakeholders, leaders, and team members with data, and subject matter expertise
- Experience in operational excellence and process improvement methodologies
- Understanding of SQL is preferred
- Experience in compliance, AML, and/or the payments industry is ideal
- Data visualization experience is a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification
- Project softwares: Asana, Coda, Jira
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer USD $100,500 – USD $122,900
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page