- Job Title Summer Internship 2023
- Hiring Organization Trail of Bits
- Company Website https://www.trailofbits.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
About Trail of Bits
Trail of Bits helps secure the world’s most targeted organizations and products. We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code.
As a cybersecurity research and consulting firm, we serve clients in the defense, tech, finance, and blockchain industries. We help with their most difficult security challenges by designing and building new technology, researching new techniques to advance the state of practice, and reviewing the security of the latest available technology products before they hit the market.
Our team consumes, produces, and presents research as a natural part of doing business. When we make new discoveries or developments, we strive to share our knowledge and release our tools as open source. It’s a practice that’s earned us industry accolades and helped contribute to our double-digit bottom-line growth.
Join our Summer Internship Program!
We’re working on funded research projects in software security, program analysis, compiler construction, and trusted computing. We provide expert consulting services when the alignment is right, and we provide in-depth and hands-on training when we feel it will make an impact.
If that sounds like something you’re interested in, we’re looking for interns to join our team virtually this Summer! We offer internships on the Assurance, Cryptography and Research teams.
At this stage, please know that we are collecting information from interested applicants with plans to start conversations in early 2023. Thank you for your patience as we build out the program. When the time comes to move forward with our hiring process, we will email you directly.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusion
Trail of Bits is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can thrive and be themselves! We welcome all persons into our community. We embrace the diversity of gender, gender identity or expression, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disabilities, medical condition, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, marital status, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or perceived membership in any of these groups.
- Work with our team to review highly trusted code for our clients. This may include things like building cheats for DRM’d video games, exploiting elevations of privilege vulnerabilities in kernel drivers, and reviewing isolation primitives intended to contain the effects of exploitation.
- Research and develop new techniques and tools for finding software vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with the team to improve and maintain security tools using modern software engineering practices.
- Are you passionate about privacy? Join the team that reviews cryptography implementations to help our clients ensure that their novel cryptography schemes are airtight.
- Collaborate with academics to bring cutting-edge research ideas into reality.
- Research and develop new cryptanalysis tools.
- Join our Research team and explore all of today’s most critical challenges in reverse engineering, zero-knowledge proofs, AI/ML security, and much more. If you have a project that you’re passionate about, we’d love to hear about it.
- Work alongside experienced researchers and mentors who will show you the tools and techniques for tackling research problems.
- Learn modern software engineering practices by collaborating with our team to improve our security tools.
- Applicants at all education levels are welcome to apply.
- Experience in the team’s domain of expertise, which may be any one of the following: systems programming, program analysis, reverse engineering, application and software security assessment, low-level or cloud-native software, cryptography, and cryptanalysis
- Proficient debugging and vulnerability analysis skills with reverse engineering experience
- High level of self-motivation, ability to drive new projects, and desire to learn new technologies
- Writing and presentation skills (Interns will present their projects and accomplishments to the technical community and write a blog post.). Click here to read about what our previous interns have worked on!
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We’re at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
Highlighting some of our US & Canadian Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance.
- Retirement plan with 5% company matching.
- 4 months paid parental leave.
- Moving expenses to NY: $5,000 one-time.
- Charitable donations matching up to $2,000.
- One time $1,000 at home office expense stipend.
- $500/year personal learning & development budget.
- Executive coaching for managers & above.
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- 20 days of PTO per year for vacation, sick, and personal time off.
- 15 company holidays per year.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page