- Job Title Teaching and Learning Consultant
- Hiring Organization The Luminos Fund
- Company Website https://luminosfund.org/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Contract
The Luminos Fund, an international nonprofit bringing education opportunities to the world’s most vulnerable children, is seeking an experienced Teaching and Learning expert to support the development of teaching and learning materials, including curriculum documents, teachers’ guides, and student learning materials, which will help children develop foundational skills.
This consultant will be fully remote and can be based anywhere in the GMT -5 to +1 time zones (Boston/Washington D.C., London/Accra, Paris, etc.). This is a temporary/contract role based on project needs and will report to the Director of Curriculum.
ABOUT THE LUMINOS FUND
The Luminos Fund (www.luminosfund.org) provides transformative education programs to thousands of out-of-school children, helping them to catch up to grade level, reintegrate into government schools, and prepare for lifelong learning. Working in partnership with community-based organizations, Luminos is scaling up its accelerated learning program to ensure all children have equal access to joyful, foundational learning, especially those shut out of education by crisis, poverty, or discrimination. To date, Luminos has helped over 218,541 children secure a second chance to learn. A registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, Luminos is working in Ethiopia, Ghana, Lebanon, Liberia, and The Gambia.
Luminos is supported by a range of funding partners, including Cartier Philanthropy, Dubai Cares, Legatum, and UBS Optimus Foundation. Luminos has been recognized for its achievements globally, receiving the 2022 Klaus J. Jacobs Best Practice Prize, the Library of Congress International Literacy Award, the Lipman Family Prize, the WISE Award, and the HundrED Global Innovation Award for the last six years.
The Luminos Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Create and deliver lesson content that demonstrates pedagogical best practices and excellent subject knowledge.
- Develop foundation literacy and numeracy curriculum content based on limited resources and local language and cultural considerations.
- Produce detailed lesson plans and student learning materials, such as graded readers, to support learning outcomes in literacy and numeracy skills.
- At least 2 years of experience teaching at the primary age level.
- Subject specialism in literacy, phonics, or math.
- Experience writing curricular content and lesson plans for low-resource contexts.
- Experience producing literacy and math assessments (formative and summative).
- Ability to quality assure new content.
- Strong and creative writing skills with attention to detail.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines that may require tight turnarounds.
- Proficient with using online applications for virtual work.
- Sound knowledge of primary national curriculum content.
- Advanced skills in the suite of Microsoft Office Tools, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Candidates should have legal authorization to work in the country in which they will be based.
- Belief and demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and values of the Luminos Fund.
- Creative, with a passion for creating polished, quality materials that are easy to understand and visual compelling.
- Impeccable integrity and can-do attitude.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments under deadline.
- Meticulous attention to detail and an innate sense of responsibility for delivering quality work.
- Natural curiosity and hunger for continuous learning, including learning new technology.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently.
- Readiness to problem solve creatively, including producing multiple design solutions.
- Experience working with diverse constituents, teams, and colleagues.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours freelance
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page