Company Website: https://lambdaschool.com/
Remote Locations: United States
Job Type: Contract
LEARNING – INSTRUCTION: WEB DEVELOPMENT
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda School is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda School has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Provide academic support to our Full Stack Web Development learners during PST afternoon hours in the form of office hours and /or live chat /zoom screen share (Monday – Friday afternoons/evenings PST)
- Allocate time for proactive outreach for academic help on a weekly basis.
- Track and respond to help tickets from learners inside of Salesforce
- Days/times will vary and hours will be up to a maximum of 40 hours/week, as needed.
- Provide feedback and liaise with the management team
- Report to Lambda School on learner progress and success throughout the course
- Review quantitative and qualitative feedback given to learners
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams dedicated to learner success on a regular basis
- Hold regular retrospective meetings on class projects and content
- 1-3 years of experience in the tech industry in a software developer role
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to a novice; strong empathy for learners
- Process-oriented with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Extremely comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Strong programming skills, and experience with full-stack web development best practices
- Experience with Node
- Takes initiative and proactively solves problems
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level
- Education Level unspecified
- Working Hours freelance
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page