- Job Title Trip Leader
- Hiring Organization WiFi Tribe Co.
- Company Website https://wifitribe.co/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
What Does a Chapter Host Do?
Our Chapter Hosts are the most important members of our team. Everyone else on the team is here to support you in making the magic happen! As a Host, your mission is to strengthen the culture and foster a tight-knit community. The result of that will be a mind-expanding experience that bonds people together for life.
Ok, here’s how it will happen… You’ll be traveling the world with 20 other freelancers, entrepreneurs, and remote professionals, living and working together from a new city every month. Yes, you’ll be responsible for the logistics of setting up a new destination, but that’s the easy part… You’ll find the ultimate match to your people skills and your natural leadership in the moments where you need to bring this group of 20 together and foster a real sense of community, wherever in the world we go.
As a Host, you are both the community architect and the community builder. You are a leader who empowers others to become active contributors and leaders too – an engineer of human dynamics. Most importantly, you are a champion for the culture WiFi Tribe has carefully fostered over the last five years.
And when necessary, you step up to ensure that the experience is safe for everyone. You’re the person in charge if anything needs to get resolved, and the on-the-ground liaison with the landlord/property owner. And don’t worry, the rest of the WiFi Tribe team has got your back – we’re here to help you make the magic happen every step of the way!
Hosts usually run two or three Chapters in a row. They are then off for one or two months before hosting their next set of Chapters. Each Chapter is four or six weeks long, so a Host is typically running Chapters for two or three months at a time.
There is always a week in-between each Chapter. We call it the ‘gap week’. Hosts arrive at their destinations at the start of the gap week so that they have enough time to prepare for their next Chapter.
The Chapter Host role is a 12-month contract that is paid per completed Chapter. Whenever Hosts are not running a Chapter, there are no work-related expectations from our side. Therefore, we recommend applicants to have other part-time work alongside the Host role. Ideally, you would either already be working as a freelancer, have a part-time remote job, or be running your own company to have a stable income, especially during the months when you’re not running a Chapter.
When on-Chapter, you can expect a part-time commitment (about 20h per week, with most of those hours at the beginning of the Chapter and less at the end) and when off-Chapter, you wouldn’t have any WiFi Tribe-related work.
There may be an opportunity to take on additional projects within the WiFi Tribe company at a later time. This would depend on your skills, work experience, and interests in other areas of our company, as well as what kind of projects are available. Please do not rely on this, as we cannot guarantee that there will be sufficient projects to support your full-time income needs.
Our application process takes a lot of time and effort and we’ve had 200 applicants per available spot. So, out of respect to your time, we want to help you self-assess whether you are exactly the kind of person we’re looking for:
- You’re a natural leader. Somehow people always gravitate around you and look to you for decisions.
- You’re confident. You’re very comfortable being authentic self and your are stable within yourself.
- You’re brave. You don’t shy away from doing the right thing, even when it’s hard to do.
- You’re Reliable: People quickly trust you because you move through life with integrity.
- You can ‘feel’ the room. You’re aware of how everyone is feeling and you always make sure that everyone is involved and having a good time.
- You’re a people person. Your friends and colleagues always tell you that you’re really good with people!
- You’re a community builder. You naturally bring groups of people together around events, experiences, shared interests or ideas. You build a community around you by empowering people to contribute.
In short, your superpowers are all about people and leadership.
If every single one of these felt like it was describing who you are, we really hope you apply!
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page