- Job Title UX Manager
- Hiring Organization ConvertKit
- Company Website http://www.convertkit.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
ConvertKit is a creator marketing platform built to empower creators to earn a living online. We help them own their audience and turn fans into customers. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We’re on a mission to help creators earn $1 billion using our SaaS marketing platform. We have always been 100% independent and 100% remote. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, that 25,000+ creators use to earn a living, and we look for people who have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values to join our team.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced UX Manager who not only possesses exceptional design management abilities but can also drive excellence in the areas of content strategy and design research. As the UX Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping ConvertKit’s user experience strategy by ensuring that our product is tailored to meet the needs and expectations of our creators. In this position, you will manage 3 designers, partner with your product management peers, and collaborate with the Engineering Managers to build beautiful, useful experiences that produce strong business outcomes. If you believe in a holistic approach to user experience and thrive on creating intuitive and inclusive digital experiences, while also being adept at hiring and mentoring talented remote team members, we want to hear from you!
- Lead the development and execution of ConvertKit’s user experience strategy: As the UX Manager, you will take charge of defining and implementing our user experience strategy, guiding the team towards creating exceptional user-centered products and experiences.
- Review design deliverables, and champion quality throughout the entire design process from collaborative ideation through design QA in the product itself. Help the team grow and maintain the design system, and ensure consistency and quality in the product itself
- Partner with your cross-functional teams to ensure seamless collaboration and alignment in creating a user-centered product. Your ability to foster strong relationships between the designers, product managers and engineers will be critical to delivering cohesive and impactful user experiences.
- Conduct research: Talk to users on a regular basis, and utilize your understanding of design research methodologies to gain deep insights into user needs and pain points. Cultivate this knowledge within the team, and leverage outside expertise as needed. Your research findings will inform the design process, driving evidence-based decision-making and serve as a touchstone throughout the company..
- Manage our content strategy: Your role will involve evolving our approach to content within the app to ensure that all content is clear, concise, and accessible.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends: Remain informed about the evolving landscape of design, including emerging trends, tools, and techniques. Continuously integrate new insights into our processes to keep our products at the forefront of user-centric design.
- Mentor and develop UX professionals: Act as a mentor UX team, supporting their growth and development. By sharing your knowledge and expertise, you will foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- 3+ years of experience in UX management, with a proven track record of delivering successful user-centered products.
- Experience in hiring and managing UX professionals, both in-house and contract, and demonstrating strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Expertise in design, design research, and content strategy; with a strong focus on delivering exceptional user experiences. You think holistically and consider the entire user journey and experience.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, enabling you to navigate complex design challenges and find innovative solutions using both quantitative and qualitative information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively articulate design concepts and insights to diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment, fostering strong relationships and driving cross-functional collaboration.
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at our Manager level 2 ($140,000) or Manager level 3 ($165,000). Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- Profit Sharing
- Four weeks paid vacation per year
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking five consecutive days of vacation, fully unplugged from work
- Equity in ConvertKit – when you join and when you help us hit company targets
- 401k with a 5% match
- 10 paid holidays a year
- Two weeks of paid sick + mental health and wellbeing time per year
- Up to six weeks of paid bereavement leave, medical leave, and disaster after six months of employment, two weeks of each paid leave in your first six months
- 12 weeks paid parental leave and flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- $3,000 annual childcare benefit
- Monthly medical benefits up to $1,750 a month toward premiums. Dental and vision premiums covered 100%
- Gender-affirming benefits
- $4,000 equipment allowance for your first two years, $3,000 budget every following two years (US employees only)
- $3,500 annual learning & development budget
- Four-week, paid sabbatical after five years with the team
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page