- Job Title Video Creator
- Hiring Organization Descript, Inc.
- Company Website https://www.descript.com/
- Remote Locations United States, Canada
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Descript is looking for a full-time video creator who’s already making tutorial content, likes making it, and wants to get paid to make it. You’ll be making video to help podcasters, video creators, business folks, and others create all sorts of content with Descript. You’ll learn and master the app, and you’ll keep our video evolving based on user feedback and product changes. You’ll develop, write, record, edit, and post videos every week.
Descript is building a simple, intuitive, fully-powered editing tool for video and audio — an editing tool built for the age of AI. We are a team of 100 — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world’s greatest investors (OpenAI, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital). Descript HQ is in San Francisco, and our AI research team, Lyrebird, is based in Montreal.
Descript is the special company that’s in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and flexible vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PT and ET time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we’re interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.
- Produce video for Descript’s Help Center, YouTube channel, and social platforms
- Build a video library that answers all the common questions Descript users have, teaches them how to make all the content they most want to make, and keeps them engaged, even entertained
- Work closely with content marketing, customer support, and product/engineering to make sure Descript’s help & learning video content is the best out there
- Master editing and production in Descript
- You make video tutorials
- they consist of screen recordings + voiceover or picture-in-picture narration + on-screen annotations
- they are easy to follow, and just good
- You use or have used Descript — and you’d like to spend your days making videos that show others how to make cool stuff using it
- You are not dead
How To Apply
Submit a tutorial video — either one you made and published already, or one you made just for this application. Here’s what we’ll be looking for:
- How clearly you communicate — your writing, reading, talking, and other communication stuff
- How well you use video to show viewers how to do the thing you’re talking about
- How you move between demonstrating actions through screen recordings and speaking on camera. You can incorporate b-roll, images, or whatever — but that’s all optional
- Your editing skills
You can submit a link to your video submission in the application. Hope you’ll apply!
- Remote Job Location Canada, United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page