- Job Title: Virtual Credentialing Specialist, Managed Care
- Hiring Organization: AdventHealth Corporate
- Company Website: https://www.adventhealth.com/
- Remote Locations: United states
- Job Type: Remote, Full-Time
The role you’ll contribute:
Responsible for coordinating, monitoring, and maintaining the credentialing and re-credentialing process. Facilitates all aspects of Adventist Health Systems (AHS) credentialing, including initial appointment, reappointment, expirables process of physicians and allied health professionals, and all other providers outlined in AHS policies, or related contracts. Ensures interpretation and compliance with the appropriate accrediting and regulatory agencies, while developing and maintaining a working knowledge of the statues and laws relating to credentialing. Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the credentialing database system and related applications. Works under the supervision of the Centralized Verification Office (CVO) Manager.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Coordinates, and monitors the review and analysis of practitioner applications and accompanying documents, ensuring applicant eligibility.
- Conducts thorough background investigation, research and primary source verification of all components of the application file and ensures provider files are current and noted in detail in the system of record.
- Achieves productivity standards as determined by management.
Identifies issues that require additional investigation and evaluation, validates discrepancies and ensures appropriate follow up.
- Prepares credentials file for completion and presentation to the AHS Delegated Credentialing Committee (DCC) or other affiliated credentialing committees within AHS, including Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) committees ensuring file completion within time periods specified.
- Processes requests for privileges, ensuring compliance with criteria outlined in clinical privilege descriptions.
- Responds to inquiries from other healthcare organizations, interfaces with internal and external customers on day-to-day credentialing and privileging issues as they arise.
- Assists with managed care delegated credentialing audits; conducts internal file audits.
- Utilizes the MSOW/Apogee credentialing database, optimizing efficiency, and performs query, report and document generation; submits and retrieves National Practitioner Database reports in accordance with Health Care Quality Improvement Act.
- Monitors the initial, reappointment and expirables process for all AHS employed physicians, allied health professional staff, other health professional staff, delegated and community CIN providers affiliated with AHS. Responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies (Joint Commission, NCQA, CMS, federal and state), as well as medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, policies and procedures, and delegated contracts.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years of healthcare experience with 1 year directly related to hospital medical staff or managed care credentialing and/or provider enrollment.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis
NAMSS Certification as a Certified Professional Medical Services Manager (CPMSM) or Certified Provider Credentials Specialist (CPCS) or actively pursuing certification and secure within 1 year in the role
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of medical credentialing and privileging procedures and standards.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and draw inferences from research findings, and prepare reports.
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level High(Secondary) School Diploma
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page