- Job Title Web Content Specialist
- Hiring Organization Off Base Productions LLC
- Company Website https://offbaseproductions.com/
- Remote Locations United States
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Based in Berkeley, CA with additional offices in Jakarta and Bangkok, Off Base Productions is a unique hybrid agency melding creative and marketing with digital design and software development. We specialize in technology-driven content laser focused in the gaming space. Founded in 2004, Off Base is a privately funded, highly profitable company working with many of the biggest publishers in the game industry, including Sony Computer Entertainment, Nintendo of America, Electronic Arts, 2K Games, Zynga, Capcom, Konami, Namco Bandai, and more. Our team consists of industry veterans with widespread backgrounds, each offering a unique perspective and expertise, and all bound by the passion to make work our play.
Is this you?
We’re looking for an experienced Web Content Specialist who will work with our gaming and entertainment clients to manage large digital projects. You will be part of a close-knit creative, content strategy, and technology team working with internal and external partners to create compelling digital and web experiences.
The ideal candidate will have a strong portfolio of projects that highlight best practices in SEO, Usability, Accessibility, and Website layout in the development of consumer experience strategy. They should be deeply experienced in defining, monitoring, and reporting on key performance indicators to measure the performance of content while simultaneously mapping new consumer journeys. In addition to web content, prior social media experience is a HUGE plus.
What’s it like to be a Web Content Specialist at Off Base?
- Day-to-Day – As a Web Content Specialist on our team, you will work with clients and project managers to make sure our program and creative, marketing, and digital services are delivered and that campaign milestones are being met. We work in a fast-paced environment where content priorities can change and our team needs to react quickly. Ongoing responsibilities will include building site maps, conducting discovery sessions, consulting with UX/UI design process, content writing, and optimizing web content for mobile.
- Working With The Best of the Best – As part of our team, you’ll get the chance to work on fun projects for the biggest names out there. You will also be partnering with first-class (and thoroughly lovely) people within your team and across other creative and technical disciplines. Our team is a hybrid of in-office and remote workers, all working together to make awesome things happen.
- Growth – At Off Base, we know everyone is on their own path of professional development. It is important to us that you are given the opportunity to not just grow in your current role but also pursue other areas that may be of interest. Our leadership works closely to ensure team members can branch beyond their day-to-day and work on projects that excite and challenge them.
- Hustle & Bustle – Off Base is a thriving creative agency with constant incoming projects and opportunities to do really cool stuff. You should have a “start-up” mentality and be eager to solve complex challenges from our clients and jump into new and familiar territory. We want people who are excited to raise their hand, even if it’s creating something that doesn’t exist yet. Especially in the digital space, things are constantly changing and we expect you to follow along.
- Develop content for well-known brands that reach a global audience while keeping accessibility and diversity top of mind.
- Build content strategies and formalized content plans for cross-functional campaigns and deliverables, including websites, videos, and paid media.
- Create and lead the implementation of a cohesive user journey that spans the entire site.
- Coordinate and lead discovery sessions with our client subject matter experts and stakeholders.
- Lead content creation for clients as needed, writing editorial content, copywriting, and editing.
- Collaborate closely with UX/UI designers to deliver a cohesive user experience.
- Edit, create, and optimize assets when necessary according to CMS specifications.
- Work with clients to develop content guidelines and schedules.
- Develop training materials and user guides when onboarding clients for new CMS systems.
- Collaborate with the development team to create a roadmap for future improvements according to business goals.
- Lead the strategy for content organization and structure including tagging and linking.
- Develop a holistic SEO strategy that grows organic search traffic and conversions, and aligns with larger company goals and priorities; execute against that roadmap; and tracks performance.
- Analyze Website performance to ensure content is meeting KPIs and business goals, adjusting content strategy as necessary.
- 5 years+ of hands-on Web Content Strategy experience.
- Strong portfolio of web, mobile, and digital based projects for large consumer brands.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or relevant field or experience.
- Fluent in using WordPress or similar CMS, with experience using HTML/CSS to augment content and design. Experience with AEM is a big plus.
- Experience using web metrics and your knowledge of digital technology to maximize search rankings, optimize content, and analyze user engagement.
- Proven ability to develop and manage content programs through the entire project lifecycle, including strategy, planning, execution, reporting, and maintenance.
- Experience working with internal and client stakeholders to develop content program plans, creative briefs, and professional communications.
- Proven success managing and delivering content programs with a data-driven approach, and overall experience applying those capabilities within different web environments, such as content management systems, marketing automation systems, and social media apps.
- Expertise to conduct landscape analysis, competitive strategy to attract new prospects, specific entry strategy for a prospect, and estimate of how the strategy will be monetized.
- An innovation mindset that finds opportunities to optimize and improve processes/workflow.
- Strong understanding of the video game and entertainment industry.
At Off Base, we offer a wide range of competitive benefits and perks, such as medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid time off, plus a fun and inclusive work culture, and the ability to work remotely.
Off Base reserves the right to alter, change, eliminate and combine jobs depending upon changing conditions and needs.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to provide sponsorship.
No calls, recruiters or contractors.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer Competitive salary
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page