Responsible for our production infrastructure, including the servers and services which support our growing client base as well as designing and implementing highly scalable environments. This Engineer works with other teams in the organization and provides infrastructure solutions for their needs. Understands client systems and applications, networking, infrastructure, data centers, web tools and technologies, databases and Cloud, Big Data, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and more.
Design new scalable solutions for fast changing infrastructure environment with complex needs in fields like: configuration deployments, monitoring, and logging. Perform deep drill down analysis into performance bottlenecks and provide necessary fixes. Bring in new ideas, change, evolve, improve and simplify the production infrastructure. Work closely with our development and research teams and provide customer friendly solutions and support. Responsible for working on the design, development, and/or deployment of enterprise supporting systems.
BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Suggested majors include Computer Science or Mathematics. Working knowledge of software development tools, methodologies, and programming languages. Experience working with external or internal customers to implement large scale solutions, business process architecture, application system design, and implementation. Design and implementation of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions using a variety of cloud platform services. Highly technical and analytical, possessing significant implementation and operations experience. Identifies and implements complex solutions in experience of application or server architecture and networking. A minimum of 8 years experience in application or server architecture and networking or related experience.
*Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.*
*Senior DevOps Engineer*
*Oracle Hospitality Cloud Platform Engineering*
*LOCATION: REMOTE *
*NOTE: **We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time – no candidates requiring visa sponsorship will be considered.*
*About Hospitality Cloud Platform Engineering*
The Oracle Hospitality Cloud Platform team is a newly formed group within Oracle working on solving difficult challenges in maximizing our service availability while working in parallel to migrate applications from existing data centers into the cloud. The Oracle Hospitality Cloud Platform Engineering team is seeking a resource who welcomes any challenge to participate in driving an industry leading end-to-end cloud strategy that ensures our product development and operations processes allow our customers to rest easy knowing that the applications they depend on are secure and resilient.
*About the Job*
A unique opportunity to join this newly formed team to utilize cutting edge Oracle Cloud technologies and infrastructure when deploying Oracle Hospitality Cloud solutions. As part of the Cloud Platform Engineering team, you will be continually challenged and directly contribute to the success of our Oracle Hospitality cloud service offerings, every day, working closely with product, development and infrastructure partners.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will solve interesting technical challenges by defining, designing deploying and troubleshooting key Oracle Cloud services, platforms, and infrastructure, always thinking about reliability, scalability, resilience, security, and performance. Oracle Cloud is the industry s broadest and most integrated public cloud. It offers best-in-class services across software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
* Designs, develops and evolves automation for deployment of IaaS instances and services and the consumption/integration with PaaS services such as Kubernetes
* Provides experience in web application technologies and middleware solutions
* Work collaboratively with product and cloud engineering teams to build, deploy and operate our systems
* Help automate and streamline our operations and processes
* Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations in all environments
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our pre-production and production environments
* Work closely with both internal and external software development resources as well as IT/network operations and the users of our solutions
* Review the current architectural landscape and make appropriate recommendations
* Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
* Manage Continuous Delivery tools within team and collaborate within larger automation organization
* Demonstrated ability to deliver the items listed in the major duties section
* At least 5 years of operations engineering experience in SaaS Cloud or Hybrid Cloud Environments
* Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
* Experience with infrastructure-as-code software tools such as Terraform
* At least 3 years of experience with Linux operating systems
* Experience with containers and supporting orchestration systems such as Docker & Kubernetes
* Experience coding in Ruby, Java, Python, and/or Go
* General knowledge of the following categories of network systems: Multiprocessing, Threading, Distributed systems, Load Balancing and High Availability
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries and within groups
* Should be a flexible, resourceful, team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
* Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential
**Job:** **Product Development*
**Title:** *Senior DevOps Engineer – REMOTE*
**Location:** *United States*
**Requisition ID:** *18001DAM*
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Remote Job Location USA
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 8-10-years, 10-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page