We’re looking to hire a senior Ruby developer to take charge of the backend of our core product, BrickFTP. You’ll have the chance to build and lead a team while still being hands-on with everything.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements:
For This Role, We Want To See This Track Record of Results:
- History developing and supporting actual Ruby-on-Rails applications that have seen production usage with a large userbase.
- At least 5 years of applicable experience.
- Participation in open source Ruby gem projects, including ideally being the maintainer for a Gem that sees large usage in the community.
- Strong Computer Science background and understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Complete understanding of how to write secure code and an awareness of common web application security vulnerabilities.
- Appreciation for testing and the ability to write specs using RSpec.
Bonus points for making contributions to major open source projects.
Please stop reading now if these bullets do not describe your experience. We do not make inexperienced hires. But if they do describe your experience, please read on!
Action Verb offers competitive salaries combined with unparalleled flexibility and other benefits to secure top talent.
This position pays at least $130,000-150,000 per year, based on experience and track record, plus a great benefits package, and a $2,500 signing bonus to purchase a new computer, desk, or anything else that would help build or refresh your home office.
After your first year with Action Verb, we’ll update your salary annually based on your performance, as reviewed by your peers. Over the course of your career at Action Verb, your salary can grow by 2-3x if you are one of our highest performers.
We fully pay base plan health insurance premiums (exact plan details depend on your state of residence), and we’ll pick up the tab for 75% of your spouse or family if they wish to join your chosen plan. We want your family to be healthy.
You’ll take off 11 company-wide holidays per year as well as 20 days of PTO for vacations. Go have fun. Don’t work all the time.
Plus, you can join Action Verb Risk Free because of our $7,500 Quitting Bonus Within Your First 90 Days.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL.
Remote Job Location
To be arranged
5-8-years, 8-10-years, 10-years
To be arranged
Job Application Via
Custom Application Page