At Shopify, we build products that help entrepreneurs (over 600,000 today) around the world start, run and grow their businesses. We’re the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans of slowing down. Our partners play a critical role in this mission to make commerce better for everyone, everywhere. To continue to grow at an incredible rate, we need a strong Strategic Partnership Manager to grow Shopify’s in-market presence in the UK and Ireland.
As Strategic Partnership Manager UK you will be developing a strategy for our growing partnership base in the UK and Ireland. You will need to be product-minded, and have strong business development skills to grow our partner ecosystem of agencies, freelancers, designers, consultants, app developers, marketers and more. You’ll also work on identifying opportunities for these partners to add increased value to our merchants. In addition to business development and account manager responsibilities you will be growing brand awareness through localized marketing efforts, events, trade shows, etc.
To learn more, check out Brandon Chu’s Keynote from this year’s Unite. Heading up our App & Partner Platform Group, he shares more on the growing opportunity to build on Shopify’s platform.
- Building relationships with our top existing partners in the UK and Ireland and giving them the tools they need to help Shopify merchants grow their businesses
- Identifying new partnership opportunities in market that have high potential to drive new merchants to Shopify or add significant value to our current merchant base
- Negotiating commercial contracts
- Aligning with our top partners to understand merchant challenges and localization needs and sharing this feedback with our internal product teams
- Helping to generate new partner leads through top of funnel
- BD initiatives to increase awareness of the Shopify partner program
- Analyzing the market landscape, the merchant journey, and the current and expected future Shopify roadmap to understand the gaps and opportunities that partners can fill
- Coordinating and hosting merchant and partner centric meetups (in collaboration with internal marketing teams)
- Representing Shopify at partner and industry events (including attending, speaking, panels, etc.)
- Hustle, and lots of it!
- Strong understanding of the UK e-commerce or retail landscape (e.g. retail, payments, logistics & agencies)
- Experience in partner management and business development at a product or tech company
- Comfortable with analytics and making data informed decisions
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Adaptability to a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (product, finance, operations, marketing etc)
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
- Remote Job Location UK - Remote
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years, 8-10-years, 10-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page