Company Website: https://www.osmosis.org/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
- Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a question writer to join our content team.
- In this role, you will be working with the content team to create demanding assessment items that help students identify knowledge gaps and you’ll also create detailed explanations that help them learn important clinical pearls.
- This is a hands-on position in a unique remote, start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and to work with team members across the organization.
- Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.
- To this end, we have an audience of more than a million current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members.
- Our members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
- We are a distributed team of creative, approachable, and motivated entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education.
- At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and prioritize life-work balance.
- We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
- As a question writer, you will work closely with our head of question writing to ensure that future clinicians are getting the best possible training experience.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Help develop and curate the Osmosis question banks, including writing vignettes and/or comprehensive explanations that follow the Osmosis style guide
- Review and edit content with a focus on accuracy, precision, readability, and educational value
- Participate in question-writing workshops for faculty development as well as question walkthroughs for our learners
- Work with medical illustration team to create high-yield images and figures highlighting important medical concepts or disease processes
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts, editors, illustrators, and students
- Identify and complete other tasks as needed
- Completion of USMLE Step 1 and 2 CK required, with strong medical knowledge
- Ability to conceptualize, integrate, and teach complex medical topics
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills and acute attention to detail
- Ability to provide, receive, and incorporate feedback quickly and positively
- Demonstrable history of working on your own while operating within a team environment
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded
- Proactive. You are able to seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent results with limited time and resources
- Lifelong learner. You consume content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) and apply these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- A passion for Osmosis’ mission, vision, and values
- High performance on board examinations (e.g. USMLE)
- Prior question-writing experience
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged
- Closing Date August 13, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page