The role of the Subject Matter Expert (SME) is to write original course content and assessments for online and hybrid courses. The SME is to work with the Course Development team to create course content within the guidelines of Course Development and the approval of Academic leadership at specific CEC schools. Time commitment and compensation is commensurate with content creation expectations.
- Writing original course content and assessments to align with course objectives and program outcomes.
- Ability to understand the Academic goals and Learning Model of the designated school.
- Content creation of original work and cited materials (< 10% of total content submission) including examples, data, or resources as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the availability to work remotely in a timely manner.
- Collaborating with Academic Leadership, Instructional Designers, and Project Managers to edit, change, or modify content and communicate information throughout the developmental process to a finalization stage.
- Performance of contracted duties within the contracted timeline per addendum.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Experience : Advanced degree in engineering from an institution regionally accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education required.
3-5 years of professional experience.
Preferred: Educational background, degree, or experience. Teaching, preferably online, experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and content expertise within the specified field of study. Ability to create post-secondary original course content that is career-focused, challenging, and aligns with professional standards in the field assigned. Application of knowledge and understanding for student learning and engaging content that enhances course design and aligns with Academic approval of program outcomes. Ability to collaborate and communicate with Academic Leadership, Instructional Designers and Project Managers to complete the developmental process within the contracted timeline.
Work Environment: Remote work with availability for communication and collaboration with Instructional Designers and Project Managers.
Interested candidates should submit resume, a writing sample of 500 words, and degree transcripts.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 3-5-years, 5-8-years, 8-10-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Doctoral Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date January 13, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page