Waldo Photos is a photo finding platform utilizing facial and object recognition to empower consumers to toss their selfie sticks, put their phones back in their pockets and live in the moment. Waldo is the only platform that removes all of the friction in getting photos of you taken by others and creates new opportunities for photographers to market and sell their photos. Users can enjoy life’s most precious events and automatically receive images taken of them right on their phones.
We’re looking for an independent problem-solver who values learning, keeps current on technology trends, and enjoys the ownership and accountability that is expected from early-stage team members.
- Will enjoy coding in a complex backend microservices stack.
- Will be fluent in modern web application frameworks and design.
- Will understand how great UX contributes to customer acquisition and retention.
- Will learn whatever is necessary to get the job done.
- Will want to expand skills and coding languages and will always look for ways to improve application efficiency.
- Will write clean, elegant, simple, testable code.
- Will be comfortable with git, pull requests, and code reviews.
- Will take pride in their work.
- Will want to work with others who do the same.
- Senior backend engineer / team lead, ~ 6+ years experience.
- Built and shipped complex, high-performance, highly-available distributed systems.
- Strong background in python & java.
- Ability to thrive in a small team, high autonomy environment.
- Leader / Mentor.
- Experience / strong interest in unsupervised and supervised machine learning algorithms.
- Experience / strong interest in statistical modeling or related analytic techniques.
- Proficiency with data analytics tools such as Python, R, or Matlab.
- Experience deploying with docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with data streaming frameworks like Storm, Spark, and RabbitMQ.
- Experience with deep learning neural networks.
- Background in computer vision or artificial intelligence.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Austin or remote
- Annual salary: $80,000 – $100,000
- Equity: 0.0% – 0.20%
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Remote Job Location Austin, Texas
- Salary Offer $80,000 – $100,000 annually
- Experience Level 5-8-years, 8-10-years, 10-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page