We’re looking for a Marketing Data Analyst to join the data team at Zapier. Interested in helping grow a product that helps the world automate their work so they can get back to living? Then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new a job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Working on Diversity and Inclusivity
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we are looking for a candidate with a very specific skillset, the role will be tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you love to collaborate with data scientists, engineers, customer support, marketers, writers, and business and operations experts to understand and address their data needs and help them become more efficient.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
About Data at Zapier
Zapier relies on dozens of systems that emit data about Zapier and our potential and current users and partners. This data is useful for us to make a better product, better decisions and understand our weaknesses and opportunities. The data team at Zapier pulls this data from DBs, APIs and through event streams, collocates it and then processes through all the disparate systems to bring them together in a reliable, timely, performant and easy to understand way to employees and systems that need access to it.
Within the data team we’re made up of several teams: Data Ops focusing on data infrastructure and storage, compute, ingest and dimensional modeling, Data Product focusing on building statistical and ML tools and models, and Data Analytics that focuses on exposing the data in useful and self-service form.
Our stack best summed up by AWS Redshift (and related AWS products like AWS Glue, Redshift Spectrum, AWS S3), Looker, Matillion ETL, Kafka, Python, and R. But we’re pragmatic — for example, we have a some Java for ingesting data from Kafka, and we use Clojure for inferring schema and other information about data sets.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that’s great. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- You are a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You can communicate unfamiliar technical topics clearly and approachably.
- You’re experienced in at least one SQL dialect. They’re all about the same; we happen to use Redshift.
- You’re comfortable working in the context of the marketing funnel. You’ve used data to do things like: guiding your marketing team towards different marketing activities, reallocating budget, or choosing editorial content based on data.
- You’re excited by helping your teammates and stakeholders develop KPIs and associated dashboards. You’ve mastered at least one BI / Data Visualization tool for keeping your team up-to-date with the numbers.
- You enjoy collaboration and knowledge sharing. You appreciate our team’s values of eagerness to collaborate with teammates with any level of statistical knowledge, iterating over your deliverables, and being curious.
- You understand that perfect is the enemy of good. You will default to action by initially shipping code that simply works and works simply, while iterating as needed to get towards better solutions.
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Help the editorial team choose what type of content to write, based on internal data and keyword research.
- Guide the partnerships team to unearth that unsung partner who might be small, but has such a great Zapier use case that we should spend a lot more time talking to them.
- Support our Growth and Marketing teams by helping them compose queries, deliver reports, predictions and analysis to match their needs.
- Ad hoc analyses to determine the impact of a new page design.
- Perform ETL tasks to model new dimensions and facts in our data warehouse’s dimensional model
- Implement multi-touch attribution models for users, dollars, and partner acquisitions.
- Help design and evaluate experiments to improve funnel conversion rates.
- The tools you’ll use include AWS Redshift, SQL, Google Analytics, Looker, Matillion ETL, and Python or R (nice-to-have but not mandatory), AWS Athena.
- As a part of Zapier’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, health care and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees. Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
How To Apply:
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Application link in Custom Application URL
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page