We’re looking for a Product Data Analyst to join the data team at Zapier. Interested in helping grow a product that helps the world automate their work so they can get back to living? Then read on…
Even though our job description may seem like we are looking for a candidate with a very specific skillset, the role will be tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you love to collaborate with data scientists, engineers, customer support, marketers, writers, and business and operations experts to understand and address their data needs and help them become more efficient.
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Analyze feature adoption.
- Support our product teams by helping them compose queries, deliver reports, predictions and analysis to match their needs.
- Implement a model to categorize a user into experience levels over time, for example using features used, zaps developed and number of tasks executed over time to classify users into beginners through power users.
- Ad hoc analyses to determine the impact of a usability experiment.
- Perform ETL tasks to model new dimensions and facts in our data warehouse’s dimensional model
- The tools you’ll use include AWS Redshift, SQL, Google Analytics, Looker, Matillion ETL, and Python or R (nice-to-have but not mandatory), AWS Athena.
- As a part of Zapier’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
You are a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You can communicate unfamiliar technical topics clearly and approachably.
You’re experienced in at least one SQL dialect. They’re all about the same; we happen to use Redshift.
You’re excited by helping your teammates and stakeholders develop KPIs and associated dashboards. You’ve mastered at least one BI / Data Visualization tool for keeping your team up-to-date with the numbers.
You enjoy collaboration and knowledge sharing. You appreciate our team’s values of eagerness to collaborate with teammates with any level of statistical knowledge, iterating over your deliverables, and being curious.
You understand that perfect is the enemy of good. You will default to action by initially shipping code that simply works and works simply, while iterating as needed to get towards better solutions.
If you want to work remote, that’s great. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level Entry Level, 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page